Poison is not Applying when coated on a weapon.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Ceyella

Poison is not Applying when coated on a weapon.

Post by Ceyella » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:13 am

Code: Select all

Description of Bug Experienced:
To demostrate cave terror to another, i coated the posion onto my Dead Man's Cross and stabbed them. however, despite landing a hit, no save was made, and my blade remained coated in the posion confused, i traded the blade to the other who proceeded to stab me. same result. The other person then gave me a Viper, which we coated with Id Moss poison, i proceeded to repeat the experiment, but nothing happened. Neither of us had any stat effect from the intial save, even if the saves were hidden. I then traded the other Id moss, and they coated a gem mining hammer with, and wacked me, same as before.

I would like to note, i have levels in assassin and the assassin bonus to poison DC.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Poison a blade, and get stabbin

Expected Result:
When someone is struck by a poisoned blade, a save will be made, and failure will cue the poison to apply its effects.

Actual Result:
The posion does not apply.

Screenshot(s)
(You can either add screenshots by uploading them to imgur, or by uploading them to Discord and put the respective links between Image)

Additional Information/Notes

Ceyella

Re: Poison is not Applying when coated on a weapon.

Post by Ceyella » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:16 am

I also would like to add a few weeks ago, i fed a barbarian several potions that i added deadly nightshade to, and he would not die. Like, 3 healing potions and the such, guy just kept consuming the posion. it is a very high DC, but barbs have high fort so i figured that was it. might be related.