Vigilante Grenade Scaling Bugged

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Sombricimos

Rogue Grenades and vigilante levels

Post by Sombricimos » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:41 pm

Description
As a rogue/Vigilante mix with corresponding feats Simple Experimental devices and Complex Experimental devices, some grenades appear to work while others don't.

Steps to reproduce
With enough combined Rogue and Vigilante levels and both Simple Experimental devices and Complex Experimental devices, gather grenades and try to use them. Some work, some don't.
I have only been able to test Disjunction shards and Holy Exploding flasks so far. The former works, the latter doesn't.

Expected result
The grenade is thrown and does what it is supposed to do.

Actual result
Getting an error in logs mentionning the combined levels aren't sufficient. A requirement is not met.

Screenshot(s)

Misc Notes
The log says that only Simple Experimental devices is necessary. Don't you need Complex Experimental Devices to have vigilante levels count toward level requirements?

It did not work when I only had Simple Experimental Devices, figured it would work when I reached Complex, but it doesn't

Which Server(s)?
All

Gaming Platform(s)?
PC master race

Last edited by Sombricimos on Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sombricimos

Re: Rogue Grenades and vigilante levels

Post by Sombricimos » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:22 am

Bump.

Also now only Paralytic Caltrops work, but Disjunction shards stopped working, Exploding Holy Flask and Flashbang don't work either.
I'm getting log messages similar to the one in the screenshot above for all three grenades quoted previously.

In addition the feedback message for Flashbang in logs mentions "18 levels of combined applicable classes required" when the item description says 24 levels required

Sombricimos

Re: Rogue Grenades and vigilante levels

Post by Sombricimos » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:58 pm

Look I don't mean to spam but when things are broken, they're broken

According to further testing, The Complex experimental devices is not fully functional regarding DC calculation and possibly for grenade usage combined levels though I can't explain why one grenades that requires 24 combined levels work but none of the others.

Last edited by Sombricimos on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Vigilante Grenade Scaling Bugged

Post by Aren » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:55 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
Making a Vigilante build (without rogue levels) that rely on grenades, with 19 vigilante levels and both Experimental Device feats, has a standard DC on their grenades (16 for choking powder).

When rogue levels are taken for testing purposes (3 dip), the DC of said grenades increase to 31. This leads me to believe that Vigilante does not gain the Dex bonus to grenades, until rogue levels are taken - even with both Experimental Device feats. This seems to be an oversight - or is it intended to be that way?

Also, is vigilante not supposed to get access to the rogue grenade shop with the first Experimental Device feat?

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Make Vigilante grenade build (Complex Experimental Device) with 19 vigilante levels.
Throw choking powder expecting a grenade DC of 30 (10 base + 6 from vig levels/3 + 14 dex mod)

Expected Result:
Grenade DC of 30

Actual Result:
Grenade DC of 16

Screenshot(s)
Not available

Additional Information/Notes
Also when trying to Signature Weapon Profane Decapitator, the player receives a long string of error messages in the combat log.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Vigilante Grenade Scaling Bugged

Post by Kenji » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:49 am

A fix is in the pipeline.