Crafting item disappears.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

BattleDrake

Crafting item disappears.

Post by BattleDrake » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:55 am

This happened once before, and I thought I was just going crazy, then it happened again, so now a report!

I'm not sure if this is specific to the Myon cooking station, or all of them, but I've had it happen at least twice now, where I make a collection of items, expecting a certain amount, only to be shorted by one set.

I check the logs, and it shows that I successfully started all of them, but the "you have completed the production" is short one for some odd reason. It just vanishes.

I don't remember what I was making the last time I noticed, Healing Draughts/Potions perhaps? Using the code value. I recall the same issue.
This most recent incident happened while making Huge Bait. I had enough ingredients for 7 creations, for a total of 35 huge bait. The logs showed 7 started productions but it only showed 6 completed. No unfinished products in the pot. I ended with 30 huge bait instead of 35.

If logs are needed, it occurred around the time this was posted.

Recent Characters:
Aramis - "S'fine piece of art yer havin' there." (Shelved)
Eradyn - Trying to make the world a better place. (Shelved)
[Redacted] - ? (?)
Skek - Happiness in Endless Industry. (Rolled)

BattleDrake

Re: Crafting item disappears.

Post by BattleDrake » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:30 am

So I've had this issue keep happening across different characters. I'd begin making a bunch of items, then some of them would just mysteriously vanish. I've put off on reporting it, thinking maybe I was just crazy, but I think I've had enough of it happening.

This was me making 3 bulk amethysts. The log shows that I successfully started three, but after all three were started, only two existed to be worked on. The third item just vanished. It was no longer in the station.

This is an issue I keep noticing on making various things, it doesn't matter the craft. I think a week ago I was doing some tailoring on another character and had exactly enough materials for 50 tailoring kits with 0 failures, yet only had 45 kits at the end of it, and this was in an area where nobody could have taken from the station.

Something is mysteriously happening to crafted items.

Recent Characters:
[Redacted] - ? (?)

toftdal

Post by toftdal » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:59 pm

I don't know if this is what has happened to you, but I've had it happen when making things in bulk, that due to lag or some such, two of the projects will end up stacked - when this happens, if you don't un-stack them before finishing them, they will only produce one of the item.

It has happened mostly when there is heavy lag, but has also happened with virtually no lag, so not sure what causes it.

BattleDrake

Post by BattleDrake » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:08 am

That might be what's happening, as it seems to only happen when I'm staring items using the code values and doing so in large quantities where I don't look inside the station until after.

I'll make an effort to start checking after starting everything to see if there's any that stacked.

Update: Started checking after starting large batches of stuff. It has happened once so far, where items stacked. Unstacked and kept working. I haven't lost anything since. Seems I just have to keep an eye after starting and all will be well.

Recent Characters:
[Redacted] - ? (?)