Blood Frenzy, Negative Effects Fall Off Through Server Transition

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Paint

Blood Frenzy, Negative Effects Fall Off Through Server Transition

Post by Paint » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:59 am

Description
Blood Frenzy is a transmutation spell that gives bonuses and penalties, primarily used by battle shamans in combination with warcry to hit the numbers they're trying to hit.

With ESF transmutation, an extended blood frenzy can last quite a long awhile -- about a third of an hour. When you cross a server transition after casting Blood Frenzy, the negative effects of Blood Frenzy fall off.

Steps to reproduce

1. Cast Blood Frenzy.
  2. Walk through a server transition.

Expected result
The negative effects of blood frenzy will stick.

Actual result
The positive effects of Blood Frenzy stick, but the negative effects do not.

Screenshot(s)
N/A. I can take some if it's necessary.

Misc Notes
I apologize to anyone who may have known about this exploit and kept secret about it. It is in my nature to be truthful about things; if a spell isn't good enough to be considered without requiring an exploit, then the spell itself needs love. Blood Frenzy, however, doesn't seem that weak, and it's better to not create spaces where unintuitive mechanics via exploits are best practice for a build or class.

Which Server(s)?
Tested on transitions between Surface and Distant Shores in both directions.

Gaming Platform(s)?
PC.

Edit:
I have been informed that this bug was present before and thought to be solved. So something may have been done or undone to make it possible again. The testing I did to reproduce this bug was done on the date I originally made this post.