Loincloth that cannot be traded, dropped or destroyed

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Someone Lost

Loincloth that cannot be traded, dropped or destroyed

Post by Someone Lost » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:02 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
I was travelling under gnome city and faced a half dragon boss at the icy caverns, taking his loot I end up having two loincloths that I wasn't able to sell, trade or destroy with trash can.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Picking up a loincloth from the half dragon boss under gnome city (deep gnomes) - ice caves.

Expected Result:
Getting a cloth you can sell, trade or drop to the ground.

Actual Result:
Having a inventory space taking cloth that cannot be get rid of.

Additional Information/Notes
None

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Loincloth that cannot be traded, dropped or destroyed

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:18 am

Oh gosh yes, I've come across this bug. If someone can fix it that'd be great! But as for your current problem, Someone Lost, you'll need a DM to take it out of your inventory. Just keep pinging the DM channel/keeping an eye out for us/putting your badge on, someone should get to you soon enough.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

DM Spark

Post by DM Spark » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:18 am

I grabbed the cloths GC, but asked for this bug report for a fix on the root cause to prevent more people with this issue going ahead.

Melchizedek14

Post by Melchizedek14 » Mon May 20, 2024 1:22 am

Old thread, but it's still happening. I pickpocketed two prisoners in the Xvart Queen City in the Blingstonhold (Brog Underground) quarry. I apparently stole their loincloths right off of them, Zoolander style. Now I can't get rid of them and I'm worried I'll get a staph infection from my potions. Seriously though, it'd be nice to have my 12 squares of inventory space back.

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by cornelius_4 » Tue May 28, 2024 5:13 pm

It is a cursed item, able to persuade even the dm's and devs, that it has created a humorous situation, whenever it traps unfortunate mortals, thus preventing it's destruction and continuing it's villanous lifecycle.

I too fell to it's power several years ago and while a dm was able to overcome it, the dm found it funny and was thus already falling under the loincloths seductive influence.

We don't know exactly what happens to the poor people that come under it's sway, but some are seen wandering remote deserts or the freezing cave you saw and we can only speculate as to it's true purpose and what experience is truly had by those unfortunate souls that are in it's power, yet unable to summon a dm to intervene.