Swapping Servers / Logging out Completely Removes Regeneration spell.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Kalthariam

Swapping Servers / Logging out Completely Removes Regeneration spell.

Post by Kalthariam » Fri May 26, 2023 5:14 pm

Description:

So I've noticed that if I swap servers, or get DC'd or log out or anything of the above after casting Regenerate on Someone as a healer cleric, that it completely removes the entire regeneration spell. Which I feel like it's not suppose to be doing? A while back if this happened the regeneration spell would still stick to the target, but the overheal portion would desync and they could not benefit from the overheal. Recently I've noticed it's now completely removing the spell entirely.

Steps to reproduce

Cast Regeneration on someone with the Healer Path

Expected result

If you Get Dc'd / Log Out / Swap Servers the Overheal stops, but the regeneration spell stays active.

Actual result

The entire regeneration spell is removed from anyone effected by it.

Which Server(s)?

All Servers

Gaming Platform(s)?

PC

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Swapping Servers / Logging out Completely Removes Regeneration spell.

Post by Sincra » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:25 am

This was adjusted years ago.
I was told as a counter to prevent people slapping it on some lowbies and then logging immediately/going off to do other stuff
Reason this happens is likely because it lost the source object (player or otherwise) that is used to determine the exact regen value to tick by.

If the above reason is correct this is not a bug, if it is not correct then it can easily be fixed by:

• Erasing an existing variable on relevant spell cast (this is just to make sure it doesn't latch an old higher var)
  • Setting the variable
  • Recalling said variable on tick as opposed to the origin object.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.