Major performance issues

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Dr. B

Major performance issues

Post by Dr. B » Sat May 27, 2023 3:42 am

Within the last day or two I've been beset by performance issues, namely a really low frame rate and constant crashing, as well as a slow performance by my computer after closing the game. Quitting to the main menu results in a blank screen for about 30 seconds. Load times are much longer. My character's portrait randomly changed to a portrait of a placeable. Some things appear to be affected by lag (inventory not loading) while other things are happening at normal time. So many things are going wrong that the game is unplayable. No, I haven't updated. The option is showing in Beamdog Client but I haven't clicked it.

ZombieDuck

Re: Major performance issues

Post by ZombieDuck » Sat May 27, 2023 11:55 am

It seems like the newest patch to NWN has caused bunch of issues for lot of people.
Doupt Arelith can do anything to fix it but hopefully they'll update again soon and get it working properly.

Forever a duckling.
Character: Typically some Orog in UD

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Sat May 27, 2023 3:52 pm

Same here. I had actually held off on using the dev branch, because it caused too many crashes for me. Now that the patch is the stable branch, I'm seeing many more (5x as many at least) crashes and desyncs.

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Sat May 27, 2023 4:03 pm

a

Last edited by chocolatelover on Sat May 27, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Sat May 27, 2023 4:04 pm

Strangely, I let the patch load and have experienced FEWER desyncs and crashes the last few days. No more getting stuck leaving Soulhaven Monastery!

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat May 27, 2023 5:23 pm

A lot of dmp files that we analyzed with the developer Discord looks to be related to the same thing. Hopefully they can patch that.

In the mean time, I swapped back to .34.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.