Replicating Bookshelves and Vanishing Books

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

WitchyEvil

Replicating Bookshelves and Vanishing Books

Post by WitchyEvil » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:41 pm

Description
Recently I was copying books between two shelves, using a private collection to expand public shelves. When we got done copying the main shelves were set back in place and then the UD server crashed.

When the server came back up, there were now 2 more shelves in inventory, so those were set aside. Shelves were checked to be sure they were intact and their copies remained, everything seemed fine.

I gave the replicated shelves to a friend to expand their library.

The next day, the original shelves we placed were empty. Not a single book on them, despite having been fine the day before. Clearly these are bugged, so I throw them out.. no books on them anyhow.

I get the replicated shelves back, move the contents into the public library. Again, everything is fine. The public shelves were NOT duplicated in the crash so it seemed safe to move the books into.

Now books are vanishing or replicating on the pubilc shelves. Some doubles are now in place and others (rare ones at that) are just gone entirely despite having existed just a day before. And yes, the shelves are protected with a faction identity, no one can remove them except my gal.

I honestly do not know what to do at this point and I'm scared more will be lost.

Steps to reproduce
Crash after setting down Bookshelves and see if they replicate?

Expected result
No issues.

Actual result
Lots of issues.

Server
Underdark

Gaming Platform
PC

Currently Playing
Lilith Vensurai