Housing Bug, Faction Home Lost

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

1dTen

Housing Bug, Faction Home Lost

Post by 1dTen » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:00 pm

I re-purchased our Faction House on 1/5/23, yet this home was taken over in less than a week despite plenty of money still in my bank (distributed via Faction). I have no idea what is going on.

Many of our Faction's homes were up for sale (many people are disheartened with the broken Dweomer Craft update and waiting to play until its fixed), but I took over stewardship of the Clan Housing until then, making sure there was a Hideout keyed to the Faction and everyone had access to storage. (This was not easy thanks to the weirdly bugged non-stacking items-- no one wants to play Storage Management Simulator.)

I managed to consolidate usable items into the Faction house, called Shroom-Stompers Hideout, and put as much in there as possible for active members.

However, I logged in today and the home is gone. Our Faction Home resold in less than a week, yet I still have funds in the bank to cover upkeep.

What is going on?

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Housing Bug, Faction Home Lost

Post by MalKalz » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:26 am

I will review these quarters when I have some more cycles to spare.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

svet

Post by svet » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:59 pm

MalKalz wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:26 am

If possible, please also review the Sharps District House as last time it unexpectedly lapsed on the 7th day. As a result, plenty of things were lost. As far as I am aware faction houses are supposed to last longer than 7 days.

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:32 pm

1dTen wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:00 pm

I re-purchased our Faction House on 1/5/23, yet this home was taken over in less than a week despite plenty of money still in my bank (distributed via Faction). I have no idea what is going on.

Many of our Faction's homes were up for sale (many people are disheartened with the broken Dweomer Craft update and waiting to play until its fixed), but I took over stewardship of the Clan Housing until then, making sure there was a Hideout keyed to the Faction and everyone had access to storage. (This was not easy thanks to the weirdly bugged non-stacking items-- no one wants to play Storage Management Simulator.)

I managed to consolidate usable items into the Faction house, called Shroom-Stompers Hideout, and put as much in there as possible for active members.

However, I logged in today and the home is gone. Our Faction Home resold in less than a week, yet I still have funds in the bank to cover upkeep.

What is going on?

I've looked into this, and it doesn't appear to be a bug. I'll PM you with more info.

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:32 pm

svet wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:59 pm
MalKalz wrote:

If possible, please also review the Sharps District House as last time it unexpectedly lapsed on the 7th day. As a result, plenty of things were lost. As far as I am aware faction houses are supposed to last longer than 7 days.

Can you tell me when this happened? I'm not seeing anything in the past three months that is due to a bug.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:52 pm

Just to close this off - the instance with your property was that you put it up for sale. And, that you were unaware that you did it.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

svet

Post by svet » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:11 am

whitewingeddove wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:32 pm
svet wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:59 pm
MalKalz wrote:

Can you tell me when this happened? I'm not seeing anything in the past three months that is due to a bug.

If I am correct, it happened either around or on 27th November, 2023.

1dTen

Post by 1dTen » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:27 am

Date is incorrect, it happened sometime On or After January 5th. I did not intend to put the property up for sale. The only settings I changed were Security (locks & traps) and Faction Access. I did not touch sales.

I had to reset Factions due to faction member being unable to access the property. I had to repurchase the property on January 5th because it had timed out. So on January 5th I purchase the property for 30k. All our belongings were there, minus some minor thefts.

However, when I logged in again days later it was no longer our property. I would like to see logs for this if possible. It is strange that the date was in question. Does it show my repurchase in January? When did it go up for sale after purchased January 5th?