Spellbound Wand bugs

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Sandrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Spellbound Wand bugs

Post by Sandrow » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:57 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)
I found some unexpected spellbound wand behaviors.

1. Spellbound wands don't respect shadow mage's bonus caster level or DC in specific spell schools.
  2. I can't imbue Bestow Curse to Mastery Spellbound wands, although it's an innate 3 level hostile spell.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
I tried to imbue Hemorrhage to a mastery spellbound wand, which doesn't have the expected DC.
While imbue Bestow Curse through one of the eight radial doesn't work.

Expected Result:
1.Abilities cast through feats respect Shadow Weave bonus, or update the wiki page to clarify that Shadow Weave bonus/weakness only works on spells cast through spellbook.
2.Allow bestow curse to be imbued into spellbound wands. Hopefully the curse empowered bonus also works.

Actual Result:
Spells cast through spellbound wands ignores Shadow Weave.
I can't imbue Bestow Curse to Mastery Spellbound wands, although it's an innate 3 level hostile spell.

Screenshot(s)
Can't imbue Bestow Curse

Spellbound and shadow weave

Additional Information/Notes
It seems Arelith have grown large enough that things begin to tangle together. Although I should be the one to say this, but there could be some methodology improvements in developing.