Minogon Plant Bugged Ballistae

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Minogon Plant Bugged Ballistae

Post by Iceborn » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:25 pm

I want to preface this by saying I know the ins and outs of the Minogon Plant and I know how it's supposed to work.
In certain room there are a pair of ballistaes. They can be disabled, and the prompt indicates they are shutting down when you do.

The bug is that they do not, in fact, shut down, and they continue firing.

I'm fairly sure this bug is ancient, but it'd be nice to have it fixed since those things can kill any low hp character fairly quickly, making exploration rp runs impossible without somebody dying in the way.

Edit: I'm sure this has been reported time and time again over the ages.
True is that the whole dungeon could be reworked and updated, but just having this little thing working as intended should be doable to achieve quickly.

Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Sandrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Minogon Plant Bugged Ballistae

Post by Sandrow » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:11 am

I tried Minogon Plant a while ago, pretty sure it works just fine at the first exploration after reset. But there will be bugs later on.

I believe this bug is linked to a sets of similar bugs: Arelith's autoreset dungeon systems.

When doors locked automatically, the related levers were not set to locked statues, thus when you tried to open a lever related locked door, you might see "some thing is locked". Normally, pull the lever again will open the door successfully. However, not all mechanism are levers, which could be pulled easily without pain.

As for Ballistae, it's another situation, in which dungeons were not set to its originaly statues, nor did it have a two-wayed lever to switch on and off easily. It just like some doors that were bash-able for the first time, but the newly generated ones were not.