'Good' domain smite stops recharging after a server transition

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Elurion

'Good' domain smite stops recharging after a server transition

Post by Elurion » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:44 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
The smite ability available through the 'Good' domain power for clerics stops recharging sometimes. I believe it is due to its specific cooldown script not restarting after server transitions. The domain power stops recharging whether or not the domain ability had a charge when changing servers.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
-Rest to refresh the Good domain power.
-Travel to another server through a portal or other server transition.
-Use the Good domain bonus ability in combat.
-Good domain power stops working until the player's next rest.

Expected Result:
From the wiki: "Domain Power: Divine Smite / min" So, the Domain power should be recharging after a 1 minute cooldown after every use.

Actual Result:
The Good domain power stops recharging after using it after a server transition, or never recharges if already spent when going through the server transition.

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes
-The domain will never recharge on a specific server without first resting on that server, so it is for this reason I suspect the script responsible for tracking the domain cooldown is being started OnPlayerRest(when a player rests) but not being restarted OnClientEnter(when a player joins a server), or whatever equivalent events are being used to start cooldown tracking for each PC.
-There is likely the same issue with the Evil domain power if it is implemented in the same way, but I have not tested it.
-Also notable is that this Good domain power cooldown is not tracked by the '-cd' command output, so apparently some additional work is needed to bring it in line with other cooldown tracked feats, powers, and abilities.
Image\
-I have compared this against my Sun domain ability, which always works even after server transitions, and its cooldown is being tracked by the '-cd' command output.

Which server(s)?
All servers.

Platforms
tested on PC

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope it makes tracking this bug down easier.

~ make club a finesse weapon

Bigbys Flippant Expressive Digit

Re: 'Good' domain smite stops recharging after a server transition

Post by Bigbys Flippant Expressive Digit » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:01 pm

does doing a -cd refresh it? My domain power (forge) Comes back after I do that if it ends up at 0 somehow

Elurion

Re: 'Good' domain smite stops recharging after a server transition

Post by Elurion » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:15 pm

Bigbys Flippant Expressive Digit wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:01 pm

does doing a -cd refresh it? My domain power (forge) Comes back after I do that if it ends up at 0 somehow

The cooldown for the 'Good' domain smite is never tracked in the -cd command in any circumstance. And no, using the -cd doesn't refresh the ability.