Curses can't be removed

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Bazelgeuse

Curses can't be removed

Post by Bazelgeuse » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:47 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Attempting to remove mechanically-placed curses does not work at the moment, as server transitions and server resets appear to re-inflict them.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

1. Find cursed character
  2. Cast remove curse

Expected Result:

Curse is removed!

Actual Result:

Curse may or may not be removed. Affects of curse may persist. Curse may be re-inflicted upon server transition and/or server reset.

I have not personally played around with the Curse system much, and a lot of it seems to be FOIG stuff so I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but I've now heard several cases of curses returning after server transitions and resets so I figure it's time to post a bug report.

Additional Information/Notes

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44353

This is a thread from December 2023 with the same issue.

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Curses can't be removed

Post by Amnesy » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:44 am

Hello,
Could you elaborate on who is casting the remove curse, if it is from an item or spellbook, and if a message is given after the casting that the curse has been removed?

This curse requires beating CL of the caster who bestowed it.
If your PC is healthy (no other statuses, wounds, etc) you can remove it without the CL check with -pray.

Bazelgeuse

Re: Curses can't be removed

Post by Bazelgeuse » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:59 pm

Amnesy wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:44 am

Hello,
Could you elaborate on who is casting the remove curse, if it is from an item or spellbook, and if a message is given after the casting that the curse has been removed?

This curse requires beating CL of the caster who bestowed it.
If your PC is healthy (no other statuses, wounds, etc) you can remove it without the CL check with -pray.

Level 30 spellsword with Epic Abjuration focus. Casting directly from spellbook, no message is given after casting.

The player I interacted with told me OOC that they've been the recipient of Remove Curse many times, but the effects return on transition.

I know someone else whose character has been cursed for a couple months despite being hit with Remove Curse several times, though I don't know which curse it is or who tried to Remove Curse it.