Assayers Lenses Spawning In Crates/Barrels

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

For My Next Trick

Assayers Lenses Spawning In Crates/Barrels

Post by For My Next Trick » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:14 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)

Steps to reproduce the Bug: Open up enough crates and barrels

Expected Result: You don't find assayers lenses multiple times

Actual Result: I've found like 3-4 assayers lenses in crates and barrels across multiple servers

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes Cities and Planes Cordor, Guldorand server proper, and surface server. All had assayers lenses in 'trash' barrels/crates

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Assayers Lenses Spawning In Crates/Barrels

Post by Kuma » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:51 am

This is less like a bug and more like feedback. The loot matrices are intentionally designed.

How much Search do you have on your character? If it's high, that might be a benefit from having good Search.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

TakeAnotherLittlePieceOfMe

Post by TakeAnotherLittlePieceOfMe » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:16 am

Someone bought a stack of 50 Assayer's Lenses from my shop right before this was reported.

As I've never seen an Assayer's Lens in a junk barrel before, I find the coincidence very suspicious.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:28 pm

The assayer's lens is not in the loot matrix. I spent several hours debugging and could not find a trace of it. I suspect it was just players leaving them for people to find.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm

MalKalz wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:28 pm

The assayer's lens is not in the loot matrix. I spent several hours debugging and could not find a trace of it. I suspect it was just players leaving them for people to find.

In this application of the loot matrix, does that apply to random found loot, drop loot, theft loot or are there certain criteria that apply when you say ,"I can't find a trace of it"

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:18 am

Drogo Gyslain wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm
MalKalz wrote:

In this application of the loot matrix, does that apply to random found loot, drop loot, theft loot or are there certain criteria that apply when you say ,"I can't find a trace of it"

This applied to all of the above.

We have racial drops, specific type drops, PP drops and I could not find it any of it.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:04 am

MalKalz wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:18 am
Drogo Gyslain wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm
MalKalz wrote:

This applied to all of the above.

We have racial drops, specific type drops, PP drops and I could not find it any of it.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Feb 27 21:51:35] '''' : Sleight-of-hand : success : (19 + 53 = 72 vs. DC: 11)
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Feb 27 21:51:35] Acquired Item: Assayer's Lens
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Feb 27 21:51:35] Acquired 30GP

I've played several prolific sneak/theives. Assayer's lenses are something I've seen dropped from pickpocketing a number of times.

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:21 am

Also, this was picked up in Andunor, off of one of the Rebellious Human Slaves in the Sewers.

For My Next Trick

Post by For My Next Trick » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:37 pm

Thanks for checking into this. But yeah it was weird because I found them in barrels all across multiple servers. I haven't seen them recently though? It might have been a case of somebody leaving them there and just happening to create some kind of scavenger hunt? If I see them again though I'll let update. Apologies, I thought this might have been some sort of bug or accidental addition!

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:44 pm

I will re-review.