Recent Bugs with rentable ship

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Tikin

Recent Bugs with rentable ship

Post by Tikin » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:50 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Twice in three days: I used the “return ship” and then rented the ship that has been returned to port. Found pcs on board, players obviously displeased because their trip was stopped.
Once, while at sea, all of a sudden the wheel did not answer anymore saying that “only ship owner had right to use the wheel”
Once, rather weird time, forgot to release a ship after renting it, to realize many hours after (I’d say 6-7 hours, way more than usual), the game continued to indicate “this property will be released in less than 24h”

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
click “return ship” at the rent sign of a rentable ship then (after the game, as usual, stipulates the ship has been returned), rent the ship.

Expected Result:
Either the game says “can’t return ship, is in use”, or “can’t return ship is attacked or destroyed”; Or, if the ship is return then rented by you, the ship is empty.

Actual Result:

You can return ship while players are using it. Unpleasant for them …
And does not incentivizes players to try to use ships that could be available while other players forgot to release them.
This never happened to me until a week ago, and I have used ships a lot ;-)

Thanks in advance! :kiss:

TheDoctor

Re: Recent Bugs with rentable ship

Post by TheDoctor » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:15 pm

PC's still being on a ship you just rented will happen. This is because....

Player A rents ship.... Plays on ship many hours, rental lapses.

Player B returns ship and rents it... Player A is still on the ship. Not a bug.

While it may be unpleasant its on them for not refreshing the rental. Just use it for an opportunity for stellar RP.

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:29 am

TheDoctor covered your first point already. If their time is up, then it's up!

For being unable to use the wheel, if your time had run out and someone else rented the ship, that would void your ability to use the wheel.

And if you had rented a ship but forgot to release it yet no one else rented it, there may be some underlying flag that would continue to send you the warning.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:55 am

Hi ...
I thought when saying "I have used ships a lot" it would prevent these kind of answers, but I was wrong, I will developp a bit.

whitewingeddove wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:29 am

For being unable to use the wheel, if your time had run out and someone else rented the ship, that would void your ability to use the wheel.

I should have specified this happened to me 20 mins after renting the ship (and without being disconnected of course). That is a bug.
I suspect something similar happened to the players I encountered on board of ships, as they where excessively surprised and displeased, like I never before saw when finding someone aboard a ship I just rented.

I could add to the list that I experienced same bug as that one:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44825
where the combat log anounces ennemies are boarding the ship, and no one does. Several times. Not always.

I also yesterday encounteres a weird thing: ennemies board, but they are not ennemies. They are neutral, as in blue, and don't attack. Then when going out of ship to land every usual ennemies are blue too.

All these bugs are recent (like could not be older than a week or so).

I should also add (that issue is older though, but yet not solved) that when encountering a storm and the camera starts go annoyingly wild, it continues when out of ship, forcing to log out to have a regular stable camera again.

Thanks to all who work to solve these issues ;)

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:56 pm

Tikin wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:55 am

Hi ...
I thought when saying "I have used ships a lot" it would prevent these kind of answers, but I was wrong, I will developp a bit.

whitewingeddove wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:29 am

I should have specified this happened to me 20 mins after renting the ship (and without being disconnected of course). That is a bug.
I suspect something similar happened to the players I encountered on board of ships, as they where excessively surprised and displeased, like I never before saw when finding someone aboard a ship I just rented.

I could add to the list that I experienced same bug as that one:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44825
where the combat log anounces ennemies are boarding the ship, and no one does. Several times. Not always.

I also yesterday encounteres a weird thing: ennemies board, but they are not ennemies. They are neutral, as in blue, and don't attack. Then when going out of ship to land every usual ennemies are blue too.

All these bugs are recent (like could not be older than a week or so).

I should also add (that issue is older though, but yet not solved) that when encountering a storm and the camera starts go annoyingly wild, it continues when out of ship, forcing to log out to have a regular stable camera again.

Thanks to all who work to solve these issues ;)

As far as the wheel goes that happens from time to time very rare. I have found giving the wheel a slight tap will fix. I.E. hit the wheel.

As far as boarders.. Known issue reported here... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44825&p=334264&hilit=ship#p334264 I think we can add to that post as well for more visibility?

As far as storms.... That crazy screen rotation that makes people ill... If it sticks... After one more server tick it goes away on its own... Relogging is much faster though. We have a thread on this as well discussing the very thing. I implore you to post there as well to again gain more visibility to that issue.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=44632&p=333408&hil ... ms#p333408