Runic Chests don't spawn loot 90% of the time

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Runic Chests don't spawn loot 90% of the time

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:14 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
I wasn't going to make this bug report initially. I know there are a lot of scripted systems in place to make Runic loot intentionally rare. I'm not here to discuss that and runic loot rarity is not what this topic is about.

I've been in Sincra's DMs off and on the past few weeks trying to understand why, any time I run a runic dungeon, I get absolutely nothing in the runic chest at the end of the dungeon. Sometimes there's just some gold, amounts ranging 500-1000 in quantity, but no item.

Let's go down the checklist:

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

• I always clear the dungeon completely on the way in. Dungeons I've been clearing include Aurilites, Mourn, Viper Temple, Illithids.

• I'm usually solo, but that's just because I can solo these dungeons on this particular character.

• I always kill the boss.

• I always make sure I arrive at least 4 hours after a reset.

• I do these dungeons typically once a day, but sometimes I will repeat them 4-ish hours later if the chest is empty just to see if I can get something on an off-cooldown scenario. So, cooldown shouldn't be a problem.

Expected Result:

I expect that because I'm playing by the rules, doing it cleanly, etc. and not cheating the system. I should be able to get a piece of runic loot each time I run a runic dungeon (since the cooldown is somewhere in the range of 2-4 hours).

Actual Result:

I almost never actually get any runic loot. Like I mentioned before, there will sometimes be 500-1500ish gold in the box, but rarely a runic item. I have noticed, however, that I can get a runic item without flaw when I go with a party, even if it's just one person.

So, am I bugged, or just doing this wrong somehow?