Temple of the Overlord Traps People

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

perseid

Temple of the Overlord Traps People

Post by perseid » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:23 pm

Description
The portal door in the Temple of the Overlord will refuse to open sometimes (twice now in my case). Due to teleportation being disabled in the zone this effectively traps the players until they can either get DM help or force their way into another server be repeat logging.

Steps to reproduce
Go fight Paush solo (for some reason every time it's happened has been solo)

Expected result
After the fight the portal door out opens.

Actual result
The portal door refusing to open.

Screenshot(s)

Misc Notes
If the door is on some kind of timer I'd guess maybe the length of time it takes to solo him is what's causing issue?

Which Server(s)?

Gaming Platform(s)?

Twohand
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Temple of the Overlord Traps People

Post by Twohand » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:21 pm

Are there enemies alive?

perseid

Post by perseid » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:38 am

Dragonovith wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:21 pm

Are there enemies alive?

No. All dead. I've since done the fight a few more times though and noticed it's weird. Sometimes for example everything will be dead but then four minutes later the door will suddenly be open.

Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Biolab00 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:48 am

It could happen if you've killed Paush and enter the door and then return back to the previous room, killing the waifus again and leave the temple. Afterwards, coming back again.
Very seldom but it happens sometimes.

Edit: The Waifus summon does not seems to respect normal respawn timers but upon entry.

Because we left Temple of Overlord and if you're going back to kill Paush again, essentially, you load back to Temple of Overlord and left that place so the Waifus became missing after that. It's a repeat each time since you port out from Temple of Overlord to Surface server and back again.

perseid

Post by perseid » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:52 am

Just wanted to confirm that in my case it was definately not an issue caused by re-entry from the previous room. I never successfully witnessed the door opening after killing Paush and the mariliths that later spawned the time the door stayed shut regardless of wait time.