Generalist Wizard Spellclutch

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Born on a mountain, raised in a cave

Generalist Wizard Spellclutch

Post by Born on a mountain, raised in a cave » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:40 pm

Generalist Spell Clutch doesn't seem work as intended. I just used it on my wizard without it restoring any spells at all. This change was within the big reverting update, so maybe that has something to do with that. I imagine the 15% arcane flux change will also be affected.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Generalist Wizard Spellclutch

Post by Kalopsia » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:08 am

These changes were not reverted, as they affect a class rather than summon blueprints. There is an older bug report where people brought up that Spell Clutch only works once per rest, but I haven't found time to look into this yet as it requires a bigger overhaul under the hood :)

Post by Born on a mountain, raised in a cave » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:05 pm

Well, this time it didn't work at all. I've noticed before, that spell clutch will only work for the spell slots expended on the server you're currently on. This is not what I'm reporting though. What happened this time was: rest -> cast spells -> use spell clutch immediately -> don't cast spells again because spell slots didn't get restored

Post by Born on a mountain, raised in a cave » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:07 pm

Update: Weirdly it worked one time yesterday, after which I thought it was fixed, but today it didnt work again. Error still persist as in the video.

WitchyEvil

Post by WitchyEvil » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:36 am

Just gonna leave this right here..

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44522

Currently Playing
Lilith Vensurai

Post by Born on a mountain, raised in a cave » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:04 am

WitchyEvil wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:36 am

Just gonna leave this right here..

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44522

Now, that's odd. I didn't have any issues like this for all of February and January up until the date of my first post here.
Which makes me wonder if this has something to do with how the casted spells are stored? This just a surface level observation from an outsider but do the spell clutch comparisons rely on the sql database? Maybe faulty database entries can happen here, which then cause this issue to persist for different users on different servers starting at different times.

Post by Born on a mountain, raised in a cave » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:55 pm

Update:
So in the last month the error persisted pretty consistently, with only recently variations cropping up, where only some spells would be restored by spell clutch. The percentages here vary wildly. Sometimes with 2 out of 6 spells are not getting restored and other times only 1 out of 6 is getting restored.

I have uploaded another video, in which spell clutch only restored 1 spell out of 6.
You can also see, that this is the first time spell clutch was used per rest.

When I did another rest and buff rotation, only shield was restored again (the exact same outcome).