Changing Curse Song Bug with less than 5 Bard levels.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.
Relko

Changing Curse Song Bug with less than 5 Bard levels.

Post by Relko » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:04 pm

An issue that I am not sure is intentional is that it seems you cannot change from the base curse song if you do not have 5 hard bard levels. The wiki states to change songs and use the -song command, you need 5+ combined levels of bard and dirgesinger. I have found that even without 5 bard levels, so for example a 3 bard 5 dirge, can still use the -song command to pull up the song menu, but when you try to change your curse song you cannot change it from the first one.

After some testing I and others have found you can only change the songs once you have 5 BARD levels in total, not just combined 5 levels of Bard and Dirge. I believe this to be a bug because I can still use -cursesong 2 to change my curse song to Doomtempest Dirge which is supposed to do bonus electric damage. And when I do this and cast curse song it even says i am "Preforming" it, but then the following damage doesn't seem to be what you would expect, instead it seems like it is doing the base curse song damage. i have some attached screenshots below that are all on a 4 bard/10 dirge/16 assassin character on the PGCC showing the situation that I have mentioned above.

Would appreciate knowing whether or not this is intended but it doesn't seem like it.

https://imgur.com/a/sTTT6KH

In the second screenshot above that is on the menu that explains the -song and -cursesong command, showing I have venomous verse selected, and the third screenshot shows I still have Aria selected even though I used that menu and -cursesong 4 to try and change it. This is another reason I believe this to be a bug.