A few bugs while playing wild mage.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Economics For Hexblades

A few bugs while playing wild mage.

Post by Economics For Hexblades » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:16 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
So, I've had a few surges happen repeatedly, but nothing actually happened. Off-hand, I can't actually remember what they were besides the invisible one and the genie granted me a wish the first time, but keeps vanishing without doing so ever since my first genie surge. Maybe because of invisibility and the genie can't see me? I'm not completely sure I've been invisible every-time. I also lost all of my spells except my my second level spells and lower after being polymorphed into a chicken. I can cast up to fourth level right now. I had the spells still while I was polymorphed, but when I came back, they were all used. They were still slotted in my book, however.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Surge invisible and genie, trying casting invisibility right after getting the genie wish. Surge polymorph into a chicken with a level 8 wizard. The other polymorphs may be having issues too.

Expected Result:
Having long lasting vanilla improved invisiblity, being granted funny wishes, and getting my spells back after transforming from being a chicken.

Actual Result:
Nothing happens with the surge invisble (no surge vanished or anything,) genie laughs and vanishes without granting a wish, and I lost all my spells above second level spells as if they were used. They were still in my spellbook.

Edit: I actually lost my two saved casts of nahal's reckless dwemer in my spellbook. These are first level spells.

Edit edit: Ahh, I'm on fire! Only worked once. It hasn't worked ever since I first surged it.

Editeditedit: Ahh, I'm on fire! worked today. I believe the server's been reset since then. I will edit if invisible gets surged and works.

Spell Resistance surge is not working.

Genie worked today while I was not invisible. I surged again after miscast magic wish, and then he did heal all wish and it healed only me, but not the enemies, nor my summon.

New behavior from invisibility surge. It's turning "targets" invisible, but it's the level 2 invisibility spell, which is incorrect. As mentioned above, the wild mage surge for invisibility should be surging vanilla improved invisiblity.

It seems if you punch the genie every time you summon him, he can't grant you your wish.