Dirge of Awakening Bug

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Mensa President

Dirge of Awakening Bug

Post by Mensa President » Mon May 06, 2024 6:09 am

Description of Bug Experienced: I just reached level 5 dirgesinger. At this level, Dirge of Awakening is meant to function like Create Undead, but it is still functioning like Animate Dead.

Steps to reproduce the Bug: Reached level 5 dirgesinger (character is 12 bard / 5 dirgesinger). Used Dirge of Awakening with the Beast Spectre stream activated. Summoned a wraith spider (UCL 4) and not a wraithwood stalker (UCL 5).

Expected Result: Should have summoned a wraithwood stalker (UCL 5).

Actual Result: Summoned a wraith spider (UCL 4).

Additional Information/Notes: My character does not know Create Undead as a spell. I am also going off the UCL chart on the wiki that states that you summon undead at your UCL when using Create Undead.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dirge of Awakening Bug

Post by Iceborn » Tue May 07, 2024 1:39 am

This is not a bug.
Feat based UCL is only reliant on its main class. In this case, Dirgesinger. The current formula dictates that Dirge 5 will give you a CL of 15, which is tier 4.
There are some changes in the pipeline - after the patch Dirge 5 will give you an equivalent of CL 10, which I think is tier 3.

Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Mensa President

Post by Mensa President » Tue May 07, 2024 7:48 pm

So, to clarify a few things:

1) Dirge of Awakening solely runs off dirgesinger levels? My 12 levels of bard aren't factored into the UCL?

2) Are you saying that each level of digresinger is worth 3 levels of UCL? If so, I still think Dirge of Awakening is bugged; I hit 6 dirgesinger earlier today and am still summoning wraith spiders, while technically being at UCL 18.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Tue May 07, 2024 8:17 pm

Mensa President wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:48 pm

So, to clarify a few things:

1) Dirge of Awakening solely runs off dirgesinger levels? My 12 levels of bard aren't factored into the UCL?

2) Are you saying that each level of digresinger is worth 3 levels of UCL? If so, I still think Dirge of Awakening is bugged; I hit 6 dirgesinger earlier today and am still summoning wraith spiders, while technically being at UCL 18.

1) Correct. This is true for all feat based UCL.
2) 10+class levels to be exact. Thus in this system you will hit UCL 6 at HD 17+Dirge 7. This formula will change in the next update to class level*2.

Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Mensa President

Post by Mensa President » Wed May 08, 2024 1:35 pm

My bad, then. Thank you for explaining!