Liera

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Rugnar

Liera

Post by Rugnar » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:36 am

Quick question!

I don't think Liera is a supported deity through the Deity book...so can one use her for a character and just substitute a similar deity for the mechanical part?
Current Main Character - Xuneyl Teken'tlar

Old mains - Mithpsira Phexori, Annabelle Ross, Ambroz Lyons, Azalea Lyons, and Elenia Davenport, The Crow

IndifferentPerson

Re: Liera

Post by IndifferentPerson » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:39 am

You can worship whatever you want, doesn't matters if it's in the book. The only requirements I'm aware of is that the base deity has to be somewhat relevant to what you're worshipping and the chosen deity can't be something silly and out of the game like Batman.

Rugnar

Post by Rugnar » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:39 am

Ah alright, thank you! :D
Current Main Character - Xuneyl Teken'tlar

Old mains - Mithpsira Phexori, Annabelle Ross, Ambroz Lyons, Azalea Lyons, and Elenia Davenport, The Crow

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:39 am

I am pretty sure this can be done!
ArelithWiki wrote:There are other Gods in Forgotten Realms that are not selectable mechanically on Arelith, but whose worship can be roleplayed. For details see explanation on start of list with Forgotten Realms Deities.

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:18 am

Since Cyric absorbed her portfolio, you would choose Cyric as the substitute. She is still worshiped as an independent deity in small pockets in Nimbral, even if she is generally considered a dead power.
Good luck with all the lying, though. It's really tricky to do without shooting yourself in the foot. Especially because you must lie, even if it conflicts with your character's interests. My priest of Leira had a very uncomfortable first day.

Stunning woman walks up to him. 'Like what you see, honey?'
'No.'

:D
When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?