How to make rods and scrolls?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TheLastAxeman

How to make rods and scrolls?

Post by TheLastAxeman » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:10 pm

At first - if those questions were already asked and answered, I will delete my topic, but previously I am going to ask for a link to such answers. Thanks!
I've started a wizard, but I am not sure about crafting mechanics - what atributes and items are required to make rods and scrolls? I suppose it works in different way than in basic NWN.
I love colouring metal pieces of my outfit with 174 and I cannot stop doing this
help me

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: How to make rods and scrolls?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:13 pm

To make a wand or a scroll, you need the craft wand or scribe scroll feat, (wizards get the latter for free) and a blank wand or blank scroll. From there, you can cast a spell on the wand (up to level 4) or scroll, and the item will be created for a cost of gp and XP. Wands will have a number of charges equal to your caster level + 1d20. It's very simple. Wands and scrolls can either be crafted or purchased from NPC vendors.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

TheLastAxeman

Post by TheLastAxeman » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:21 pm

Many thanks for a quick and informative answer! That's really, really simple. I will start making my rods then.
I love colouring metal pieces of my outfit with 174 and I cannot stop doing this
help me

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:47 pm

You'll have an easier time referring to them as wands in game, though. Rods are found treasure that can't be crafted by PCs, so there may be some confusion.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

CrystalRL

Post by CrystalRL » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:22 am

Wands are specific to a casting domain (arcane or divine), though can be fudged through Use Magic Device. Rods are useable by all and cannot be crafted.