How build Pale Master?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Grag Krgh

How build Pale Master?

Post by Grag Krgh » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:48 pm

I want build Pale Master on this server but it looks total garbage.
I have 10 Bard / 11 Pale Master.
Kp around 32-35

Summons are total garbage and even with full buffs typical warrior 1 shot me. Warriors have 50 AB. How i can reach 60 KP on any build?

It is looks like warrior is much stronger and easier to play than wizard. Warrior just fast attack and crazy dmg. Wizard have uselles spells and need rest... but you cant rest on this server, you must wait 15 min, then you get ambushed.

I wasted few month of play to make uselles build. I have only option to delete character and build warrior.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: How build Pale Master?

Post by Edens_Fall » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:52 pm

Shadow Mage/PM is a really good build I find.

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:41 pm

You're not wrong. The best builds now require a deep investment, typically 15-16 levels, that in most cases will feel deeply disappointing if you went into it for mechanical power.

As Eden alluded, there is also the issue that only a wizard-based class can properly make use of their spell progression and shadow mage is one way to get after this.

If you put these facts together, I think one could only recommend PM as a very particular sort of RP choice.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:53 am

You might get a more robust response by asking in the Builds and Mechanics section of the forums.

PM seems to continue in the direction of a very summon focused class. It relies on its undead and grants them a lot of extra boons, as well as slight buffs to higher level arcane spells only available to wiz/sorc, making bard ultimately maybe not so good of a class to build off of.

Now that PM is continually steered away from the melee-centric niche it kept finding itself in (ironically, due to bard dips), bards and hexblade as a qualifying prerequisite seem closer to traps than something one would actually want to build into.

If you're up for the true PM experience I'd say probably wizard or sorcerer is going to far more synergistic then bard.

Also - what is KP? I haven't heard this before.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Grag Krgh

Post by Grag Krgh » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:00 pm

I mean armor class

Biolab00

Post by Biolab00 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:14 pm

Grag Krgh wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:48 pm
I want build Pale Master on this server but it looks total garbage.
I have 10 Bard / 11 Pale Master.
Kp around 32-35

Summons are total garbage and even with full buffs typical warrior 1 shot me. Warriors have 50 AB. How i can reach 60 KP on any build?

It is looks like warrior is much stronger and easier to play than wizard. Warrior just fast attack and crazy dmg. Wizard have uselles spells and need rest... but you cant rest on this server, you must wait 15 min, then you get ambushed.

I wasted few month of play to make uselles build. I have only option to delete character and build warrior.
Actually, Wizard may be more support-oriented (not always true) in PVP but it's definitely stronger than warrior in PVE. You probably don't understand the Wizard's spell enough to think that all of the spells are useless. And yes, you need to rest. It can be slightly mitigated by beer/wine/spirit, sold in the bartender that reduce rest meter but also reduce sobriety at the sametime. You simply have to control it well, do not make your sobriety lower than 0%, or it will incur arcane spell failure but it's easily manageable.

I think it's important that i mention the above because, most of the new player or perhaps even some players that played long enough, do not actually know this.

And Arelith has made it a point that no-one is possibly able to have a AC so high that any warrior can't hit. So, even 69AC (theorically the highest with improved expertise) can be hit. And AC that high, usually compensate with lower damage. And if you're looking into PVP department... There's no build that doesn't get killed really.

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:56 pm

Pale Master is definitely one of those RP classes. There are probably some decent mechanical reasons to play one if you're going for a tougher mage that can't do anything but necromancy, but it's a real niche.

Kamuizin

Post by Kamuizin » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:27 pm

PM is a summoner and not a warrior, bard has 0 sinergy with PM and being a person that has a hexblade 4 / PM 7 / Blackguard 6 i can say for sure, don’t follow th3 hybrid path.
Edens_Fall wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:52 pm
This is problematic, because atm shadowmage gives -6 Caster Levels in evocation and transmutation. A proper necromancer could even ditch the entire evocation school, but for a summon based class a diminish effect in your summons are a hard hit. Animal buffs are per hour so, no problem. But, haste and slow are a hit and greater stoneskin get a lot nerfed.

Apparently, in the past, shadowmage mace evocation a forbidde school (what would be better than the current status).

I heard that specialization bonus in necromancy, of wizard or sorcerer, don’t affect the summons made by feat of a palemaster. I will try to confirm this with the DMs, but take care here OP, cos this can be build destructive, specially if you pick specialization in necromancy with a shadowmage path.

There’s an alternative path for palemasters if you play as a warlock. Look in the wiki page of arelith warlock under undying path.

Grag Krgh

Post by Grag Krgh » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:43 pm

It looks good in teory. Bard song can buff summons.
Bard have medium armor, so he can be tank. Can use shield.
But in practice it is weak build.
If wizard 10/ pale master 20 can get 9 lvl spells and learn from scroll it looks at best build (for pale master?)

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:14 am

See...you do need to ask yourself are you building for power or are you building for fun. This is a valid question for any class you choose.

As a doom singer, I don’t think bard/pale Master is bad. Yes, it is bad pvp with a fighter type, but why should you pvp, go and grab a warband with your deadly charm! And patiently wait until you are a death singer who charmed a dragon Lich

And I have a hexbalde palemaster, it is rather cool, he is hiding his boney arm and lifeless skin, waiting to be called out when I feel it is time and get some great rp out of it. It cannot match blackguard in power. But hey, it is ok, I know it from beginning lol.

A lot of people play arelith because they love to rp and real-life rp groups are not available (I am one of them), hence there are combinations that is not strong...but can be enjoyable. If power matter to you, just follow the recommended builds.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Grag Krgh

Post by Grag Krgh » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 am

I build for power. When i want fun i just chose commoner :P
I have feeling like fighter/ warrior is just too strong. Crazy attack, crazy dmg and defeat everything.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Kamuizin wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:27 pm
PM is a summoner and not a warrior, bard has 0 sinergy with PM and being a person that has a hexblade 4 / PM 7 / Blackguard 6 i can say for sure, don’t follow th3 hybrid path.
Edens_Fall wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:52 pm
This is problematic, because atm shadowmage gives -6 Caster Levels in evocation and transmutation. A proper necromancer could even ditch the entire evocation school, but for a summon based class a diminish effect in your summons are a hard hit. Animal buffs are per hour so, no problem. But, haste and slow are a hit and greater stoneskin get a lot nerfed.

Apparently, in the past, shadowmage mace evocation a forbidde school (what would be better than the current status).

I heard that specialization bonus in necromancy, of wizard or sorcerer, don’t affect the summons made by feat of a palemaster. I will try to confirm this with the DMs, but take care here OP, cos this can be build destructive, specially if you pick specialization in necromancy with a shadowmage path.

There’s an alternative path for palemasters if you play as a warlock. Look in the wiki page of arelith warlock under undying path.
The last build I used was a generalized wizard with ESF Illusion and ESF Necromancy, but that was two years ago? I'm not really sure how the current meta would effect that.