Discord Verification

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Discord Verification

Post by Cuchilla » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:55 am

I am not on Discord. I see many (most?) are. So I tried to get an account. And clicked the link on this website. But I stopped halfway because of the verification process. Telephone verification, arh, I feel uncomfortable, but, ok. You got it, Discord. Discord is not pleased, it wants my email to verifye as well. Uh, I am puzzled. And Discord not only wants my email, it also wants my password.

This is where I stopped. I definetely do not dish out the password to my email. I can't even believe that Discord wanted to ask for it.

I am still wondering though if anyone needs to do that. Or did I misunderstand something?

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Discord Verification

Post by Skibbles » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:43 am

I feel like you misunderstood something, or maybe stumbled upon a phishing site.

It's been a long time since I made my discord account but, like you, I wouldn't be giving my credentials to other accounts.

Either it was phishing or maybe something was misinterpreted during account creation. Your discord account requires you to have a password for that account so only you can use it, as per the internet rules that we all need 50,000 names and passwords to live in the modern world.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.