Feedback and Suggestion

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ruzuke

Feedback and Suggestion

Post by Ruzuke » Thu May 16, 2024 12:55 pm

Can staff explain with the feedback thread on the imp model is a suggestion while the feedback thread on the pixie model is feedback when both threads talk about the model of the race and provide feedback on the interactions with them?

Fey Model Thread: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=45314

I would also ask why the thread about quarter times being extended was not locked as it was a suggestion and admitted to being a suggestion which implemented. (Understand why it was implemented as staff addressed that as well).

Perhaps the question is more what is the difference between the three threads and also asks what are the reasons for locking threads or treating threads of a similar nature differently?

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Feedback and Suggestion

Post by Queen Titania » Thu May 16, 2024 2:42 pm

"I am hoping that some of the benefits of the Pixie model could apply to Imp characters." Isn't feedback, but a suggestion.

The fey thread to me is clear feedback on a change, even if it comes across a little entitled.

I tend to be a bit lenient personally, as a lot of feedback threads push the line or are really suggestions, but by the rules, it does fit suggestion, and a staff member could choose to close it.

Please don't feed my sister.

Ruzuke

Post by Ruzuke » Tue May 21, 2024 12:02 pm

Then I will sum up the answer.

If staff likes the suggestion, they keep the thread open. If they do not like it they can make a snarky remark (my bingo card is full) and lock it.

Rules are not applied equally only if members of the team decide they wish to enforce the rule even if it is clearly a rule break or not.

Now the non-subjective version of feedback quoting my source Meriam-Webster
A: the transmission of evaluative or corrective information about an action, event, or process to the original or controlling source.

Did the topic evaluate what an imp is in the current stance and how it is played? It did. Could it be considered a suggestion as well, of course the post went more than it is just a static model which is less fun then playing a dynamic model, it could be moved to the questions and answers section as well with, are there plans to use the same system for fey for the system

Now for the observation (feedback) and summary , followed by the question.

I've noticed the trend of well it breaks the rules, but.... a in a lot of my interactions with staff. When do we all start following the same rules without exception?

DM Monkey

Post by DM Monkey » Wed May 22, 2024 3:45 pm

This isn't appropriate Ruzuke. You've been given a really clear answer by Titania, and that's how things are at the moment. Take this to a PM with the Admin team if you want to argue further.

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.