Poison & Disease

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Poison & Disease

Post by RED GANOT » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:17 am

Can the spells be cast upon food and water sources, much like the crafted poisons?

Also, I am told the success rate for using poison on a water source is incredibly low (1/100). Making it a fairly poor method of KILLING EVERYONE. Is this true?
When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?

IndifferentPerson

Re: Poison & Disease

Post by IndifferentPerson » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:20 am

Supposedly, it's also addictive, as in, if you add more, it becomes 2/100, 3/100, 4/100, etc.

idk about magic

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:47 am

Dug out a cleric and tested the spells. Does not work. I'd still like to know more about craftable poisons on wells, though!
When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:53 am

As far as I've been told, both you and IndifferentPerson have it right. You need 100 vials of poison to get a 100% chance of poisoning.

Be aware that using poison on a well will make all NPCs in sight range(?) hostile to you. :D
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:04 am

I found that out the hard way. It's not just NPCs in sight. It's every NPC on the entire server.

Thoughts on increasing poison chance? One vial takes forever to make, and I assume it's made redundant by resets if you do poison a well.

Ferret Roll

Post by Ferret Roll » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:02 pm

There are other sources of poison than the crafted ones you could resort to. But that would be...