Diamond Hearts

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Gazfrost

Diamond Hearts

Post by Gazfrost » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Simple question, what do Diamond hearts do?
I thought you could use it instead of the alchemy Golem heart, as I thought Diamond heart would be used to make a stronger Golem.
I tried with stone and Iron Golem body's with no outcome.

Is there a future update coming to do this?.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Diamond Hearts

Post by triaddraykin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:03 pm

I'm gonna bump this because I want to know the same thing, rather than make a new thread.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Nothing, they're just an item from the vanilla palette that's in the loot table due to what I assume to be an oversight.It's possible Arelith has done something sneaky with crafting recipes that I haven't noticed yet, but I'm almost certain that isn't the case.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:55 pm

These are spawned by vanilla gem golem mobs. My guess is that those mobs were used as part of a DM event, and that PCs kept the drops because they are big and shiny.

They presently have no function.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:44 pm

yellowcateyes wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:55 pm
These are spawned by vanilla gem golem mobs. My guess is that those mobs were used as part of a DM event, and that PCs kept the drops because they are big and shiny.

Diamond Golem Hearts are consistently dropped by a particular NPC which only spawns in one location. There are hundreds of them floating around.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:46 pm

That sounds like an oversight, then. Either way, they have no function at the moment.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:05 pm

They also have no value, and cannot be sold for anything. <xD

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:05 pm

PinataPlethora wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:44 pm
yellowcateyes wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:55 pm

Diamond Golem Hearts are consistently dropped by a particular NPC which only spawns in one location. There are hundreds of them floating around.
If you can provide the NPC name, we can investigate.

Thanks.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:00 pm

Spyre wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:05 pm

If you can provide the NPC name, we can investigate.

Thanks.
Pretty sure I remember a Diamond Golem in Skal dropping one.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:06 am

Reviving this from 3 years ago, because It appears that nothing was ever done with the Golem Hearts dropping.

In Skal, in the crystal cavern below Elvigarn's Crossing, a Diamond Golem Spawns and drops this item as a loot item. Noone seems to buy this, It has 0 Gold Value, and weighs .4 lbs and takes up 4 slots of inventory. It would be awesome if the headsmen could buy them as a head or if they could at least be sold to merchants as loot.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:14 pm

Poking in to request they do not get removed.

They're a really fun piece for collectors and always get good reactions every time my character shows others the ones she has. Sometimes people even offer to buy them for rather large amounts for their own collections.

They also hold a lot of potential to be given a new description/name as a roleplay item.

Since they only drop on Skal, they're relatively uncommon on the majority of the server. I think it's incredibly neat for there to be treasures people have acquired in their time on Skal that people on the main portion of Arelith are willing to pay rather large amounts for, all for nothing beyond roleplay sake.

Giving them some sort of use(bounty head, peddler, etc) would be my preferred solution, as it'll make them even rarer and more special for collections, while also not being a completely useless item for those not interested in such.
That or just leaving it as it is. There's nothing wrong with an item that functionally does nothing, especially when players are interested in it for roleplay reasons. It's rarity gives it value to these players, it's a hidden gem.