La'laskra

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

ShadowOfMemory

La'laskra

Post by ShadowOfMemory » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:26 am

Okay. I have been away from the UD awhile and am now playing a drow again, and coming into Lloth's temple for the first time.... I have looked up La'laskra (or La'laska) and I can find no info on the net. I may just be poor at searching, but I was wondering where I might have my character learn about this over throwing goddess person thingy. Thnx. :)

Stath

Re: La'laskra

Post by Stath » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 am

La'laskra! Lolth's forgotten Sister. It's a pretty awesome community created Diety, for lack of a better phrase. Your Character's best bet for actually picking this up in game would be to simply hang around the Devil's Table/Temple while House Xun'viir is around.

If this makes no sense it's because I just got home.
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

ShadowOfMemory

Post by ShadowOfMemory » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:39 am

Okay. So it is an Arelith mythology creation. Thanks! ^_^

*my drow grins at the fun that may follow*

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:08 am

From my understanding of it, it is the claim that Loviatar is in fact a drow deity (instead of a race-less deity where she would have more power in general). Drow and Loviatar, in general, go way back and in fact she is the main deity of the surface nation of half (and other dilutions) drow in Dambrath, the Crinti. So Loviatar as a goddess is a well known fact amongst the race.

I believe this particular Arelith mythology was spawned from Karla Fatehart and her starting a drow house. I don't know all the details myself, but most drow outside of the Xun'viir House seem to treat it as utmost heresy if you need a general "what would a 'normal' drow do" walking into the situation without prior information. At this point, I am not sure if the above holds true as how it is represented might have changed a lot since the player who started it moved on.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:37 am

Karla Fatehart made a lot of cool stuf, I see...

This is pretty interesting that she created even a "new drow cult" to get the support of a major deity by giving to her more worshipers... I am impresed and pretty disapointed that she rolled/retired her character, seeing how deep she went with her.

As La'laskra seems to be falling into a forsaken hole, I may think anyone in the UD is free now to retake this new religion and continue the work.

That Arelith may get and keep some "Arelithian mithology" due the player characters' work is quite awesome.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Faye

Post by Faye » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:53 am

La'laskra is brilliant, and she's not really falling into a forsaken hole. The cult around her worship still very much exists! They do ceremonies and fun things and cake and grief counselling.
Maphias wrote:I've spent‏ like‏ over 200K on women's clothing from various stores around Arelith over the years‏

KarlaFatehart

Post by KarlaFatehart » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:04 am

La'laskra is still very much alive, and supported by more drow than you might think. It started as an attempt at giving Lawful Evil drow an opportunity in underdark roleplay, and has since continued to do exactly that.

Currently there are deity books floating around just like you'd see of Mystra or Lloth, but sadly only by request of Her Priestesses to provide and not piled into every bookshelf of the world. Also I put a TON of fixtures in the temple that all have descriptions about her various aspects, and if I recall the greeting stone has a pretty in depth analysis of the story of La'laskra.

Whether she's Loviatar in disguise or a risen Drow Goddess to save Her species from extinction... I think the mystery and controversy is well worth not answering this question!
"By this point, some of you might be wondering how drow society has survived at all.

The truth is, it can't. Drow society is absolutely and utterly nonviable."

-Drow of the Underdark, pg. 26

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:29 am

KarlaFatehart wrote:La'laskra is still very much alive, and supported by more drow than you might think. It started as an attempt at giving Lawful Evil drow an opportunity in underdark roleplay, and has since continued to do exactly that.

Currently there are deity books floating around just like you'd see of Mystra or Lloth, but sadly only by request of Her Priestesses to provide and not piled into every bookshelf of the world. Also I put a TON of fixtures in the temple that all have descriptions about her various aspects, and if I recall the greeting stone has a pretty in depth analysis of the story of La'laskra.

Whether she's Loviatar in disguise or a risen Drow Goddess to save Her species from extinction... I think the mystery and controversy is well worth not answering this question!
Brilliant.

Kudos
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

livingNPC

Post by livingNPC » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:38 am

There will be some confusion though, as there is Lalaskra, the human priestess Of Loviatar, turned demi-God. Her nickname is the leatherskin, a name she earned after wearing inverted barb armor, while on a holy quest to retrieve a holy relic of Loviatar.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Lalaskra

Cloak and Lager

Post by Cloak and Lager » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:45 am

livingNPC wrote:There will be some confusion though, as there is Lalaskra, the human priestess Of Loviatar, turned demi-God. Her nickname is the leatherskin, a name she earned after wearing inverted barb armor, while on a holy quest to retrieve a holy relic of Loviatar.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Lalaskra
The human priestess Lalaskra never became a demigod, she was basically just a forgettable highpriestess that likely not even members of her own faith remember. She is only mentioned in a single paragraph of a 2nd edition supplement. She is basically irrelevant.
Past characters:
FL: Ghalron (Inactive), Cahendirys Jalvinian (Dead)
Regulith: Ghoorbuz Kharatai (Inactive), Judith Feathermayne (Inactive)

CookieMonster
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CookieMonster » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Honestly, find out a little more In Character and you will pat yourself on the back for not getting to many spoilers on the Forums here.

I recently made a Drow, having played a long line of Llothite Drow toons. This time I was a little sceptical of the religion I wanted my character to follow as I had seen many examples of damaging RP from fanatical Llothites... But so far, this faith makes so much sense IC and OOC it is difficult to believe it has taken till now for the concept to have been created.
DM Spyre wrote:Someone has watched too much Dragonball Super.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:35 am

The name "La'laskra" sounds in my mind as a mix of Tarasque, Talamasca, Magra and Alakran (a scorpion), giving me a taste of something legendary, mysterious and deadly ^^

I like how the names can be able to suggest something about the nature of that to which they refer.

Thank you