Retrieving Old Characters

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

AdjectiveNoun

Retrieving Old Characters

Post by AdjectiveNoun » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:18 pm

So I used to play semi-regularly a couple of years ago and have just got back into Arelith. It would be really nice to get my old main character back, but she no longer shows up in my vault. I assume the vaults are cleared out every so often, so the question is - are they archived, and is there a way to get old characters back?

I emailed arelith.dm(etc) about a week and a half ago about the same issue and have received no response yet. I'm sorry if I'm being impatient, but I'm asking here in case I messed up in some important manner and the message hasn't even gone through.

Thanks

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Retrieving Old Characters

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:26 pm

I think only Mithreas and LittleWeasel can handle that, and they're very busy with RL right now.

Double check that you're typing your login correctly. The vault hasn't been cleared in a long time.

If that doesn't work, PM LittleWeasel.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

AdjectiveNoun

Post by AdjectiveNoun » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Thank you for the information. I don't mind waiting if the relevant people are busy, it's just good to know that I'm not just shouting aimlessly into the blank, uncaring ether.

I suspect it may be a CD key issue, in that I have a number of sets lying around and I'm not 100% sure which I was using when I last played compared to now. ):

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:35 pm

In that case, it can't hurt to send your Public CD Key along with the message, just to be sure. I don't know if they'll need it, but if you need to have the character switched to a different one, it'll save time.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

AdjectiveNoun

Post by AdjectiveNoun » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Solved! You were right about the login name - I'd spent too long playing on servers where the vault is gated entirely by CD key and hadn't even realised that the exact login made a difference. Thank you!