Evereska- Information since 1371, along AR Time.

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Samsam-samsam

Evereska- Information since 1371, along AR Time.

Post by Samsam-samsam » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi! Not the most active player here, although some may remember my sun elf Sha'ri from my times of activity over the years. As it's gone along, I've been more and more curious if there is any way of knowing what happened to Evereska in Arelith Reckoning. The phaerimm attacked (I assume, as it occurred before 1372), but then what? It is in 1372 that it gets resolved and things go from there, but I'm not sure if it's included in AR and/or any other details.

Anyone who can help, it'd be much appreciated!

Seven Sons of Sin

Re: Evereska- Information since 1371, along AR Time.

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:03 am

If I understand your question right... You can make up what happens. Or you can attempt to dig around for 4E lore.

Also, most of this kind of information isn't particularly useful, because it's so speculative and outside of Arelith's sort of "sphere of relevance" - again, I think ultimately you have a lot of creative liscense.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:10 am

I had a similar question about this kind of thing regarding Bane's Death and rebirth. It turned out that in answer to my question, there had been an entire plot to resolve that transition from Bane not existing to existing.

Perhaps you can get something similar rolling in regards to the Phaerimm with Myon by contacting a DM? (Might even spawn its own pre AR history on the FL server?)

This has the benefit of becoming canonical in the sense that there will be a single cohesive direction for elves in the future to work with in regards to this Arelith-specific gap.

I do actually have an interest in that as well, if for no reason other than nostalgia for the setting of Evereska and the Anauroch Desert from prior campaigns.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:53 am

I am RPing my elven smith Govannon as coming from Everska, but keeping a foggy memory when pretending to enter in detaills, precisely for this same question.

As Rule of Thumb... I apply this with all concerning the outside of Arelith:
WHIVSIV.jpg
WHIVSIV.jpg (67.64 KiB) Viewed 4464 times
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Samsam-samsam

Post by Samsam-samsam » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:40 pm

I would happily poke a DM to resolve some of my character's own personal history (as, with any aged elf coming from a place not on Arelith, what happened there would have a dramatic impact upon her person and her future) and any other holes the DM Team may want to cover, if they're interested. I'm not entirely sure how to go about that process, though- can any of you help with that, too?

I did poke a DM about it in game, once, and was referred to this forum. Perhaps if there are multiple people interested, a DM would gladly run something for more than one of us.

Samsam-samsam

Post by Samsam-samsam » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Thank you for the responses! So far, I have used creative license, and feel comfortable with it overall.. but I am looking for a little more, yes!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:14 am

Samsam-samsam wrote:Thank you for the responses! So far, I have used creative license, and feel comfortable with it overall.. but I am looking for a little more, yes!
Indeed, may be great if each X Arelith years passed, the Staff may unlock a certain FR year so the events from the mainland may be known and making impact in those characters coming from there... But I feel the pain of all the extra work that may suposse and understand that may be preferible to keep Arelith "frozen" in a chrono gap.

EDITED to fix a gazillion of typos :oops:
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:23 pm

I can help with that from my understanding the general server base is ignoring anything that has happened 4th ed and beyond. The only -real- exception to this rule is the lore on fey. As prior to 4th ed there wasn't any real precedent for fey lore.

Ie it's widely accepted Aurille IS Queen of Air and Darkness. And that elves and drow were originally fey and their pantheons were originally arch-fey.

Things that happened in 4th'ed that is rejected by majority of the player base are these: Hoar does not serve bane, Tyr is not dead, Vearhun and Kiransalee is not dead, Tiamat does not serve Bane, Bahamut, by most in the mainland is seen as dead except to those whom are dragon kin or dragons themselves etc, etc.

Mind you I am speaking from my own experience with interaction of other players, so this is my own perception of things.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

Samsam-samsam

Post by Samsam-samsam » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:48 pm

Fair enough! Some of the stuff happened in the end of 3rd edition, though, the year this server was created to divert from. It's really the only reason it's that pertinent. City of Shade appearing, attacks upon the city of Evermeet, etc... Anyone coming from any place may have a desire to have clarifications, but I'd doubt many are as necessary for a character story as one whose entire elven city of culture and heritage may or may not be saved/exist/gone/etc.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:16 am

CragOneEye wrote:
Ie it's widely accepted Aurille IS Queen of Air and Darkness. And that elves and drow were originally fey and their pantheons were originally arch-fey.

Uh, what?

No.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:30 am

You can think what you want PThree but even Mithreas right here says they are the same, and Rp's they are the same. Auril vs Queen of Air and Darkness

Also note I said my perception of what most players think or act on the matter.

Meaning from my observation from my previous encounters icily and oocly on how other players perceive the matter. In fact you are the first I have seen to have say otherwise both on forums and or in tells or IC'ly rp-wise, which is the foundation of my observation and argument on the matter, but if you, want we can start a Q&A poll and take a tally on whom thinks the fey lore from 4.0ed should be canonized as official arelithian lore, if we want a more objective look rather than subjective.

Scurvy Cur

Post by Scurvy Cur » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:13 pm

For what it's worth, I wouldn't look too hard at 4e for FR lore of any sort. More or less all the 4e developments were outright terrible. WotC more or less admitted it was a mistake when they decided that 5e world development would amount to "Ao retcons all the things to more closely resemble 3e". And WotC almost never cops to a mistake.

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:12 pm

I think the only reason(which I have stated many times in past) people accept 4.0 fey lore, is there wasn't much on fey, for D&D from previous editions. Anyone is welcome to prove my statement wrong if they can back it up with source material. Meaning it would be awesome if anyone can find any fey lore that wasn't 4.0 ed, but beyond the description of each individual fey creature, there isn't much.
In fact using sirens as an example D&d contradicts itself in 3.0-3.5,as to what they are.

However 4.0 as a whole completely agree with mass majority sentiment, which is 4.0 lore sucked hard core.

Samsam-samsam

Post by Samsam-samsam » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:31 pm

So does anyone know how to go about the process of interesting a DM with such an idea- is that something Arelith does, is it weird, is there any way to get some information that anyone has? Is anyone else interested?

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:46 am

I believe DM Tophot is currently the go to for player-oriented quests.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Samsam-samsam

Post by Samsam-samsam » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:42 am

Thank you!