Dweomercraft Save

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

andthenthatwasthat

Dweomercraft Save

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:39 am

It has been a few days in a row now that I did not get a deity save when trying to add properties to items using dweomercraft. The latest was a Greater Fortitude ring that already had one additional ability on it, and it failed on a 16% attempt to add +2 skill.

I wonder if anything has changed. If nothing changed, then I even suspect a bug with crafted basins and items that were renamed or had their description changed. Curious about experiences that others had in the past week or so.

Baron Saturday

Re: Dweomercraft Save

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:21 am

The answer is gonna be the same as every other time there's a thread like this, I suspect: Nothing's changed, it's just bad luck.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:12 am

In my experience God saves should only be attempted at 100% piety where it almost seems like a 50/50 chance. Are you doing these at 100% each time?

Otherwise just like Baron said the answer is usually Xerah (I think it's Xerah anyway) coming in and saying nothing has changed.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

andthenthatwasthat

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Yeah, always 100% piety. Most likely bad luck, but i seem to be oddly lucky with deity saves when I do not change the description of the item and unlucky when I do. Again, cannot make a call either way with such a small sample size. Thanks all!

Kalgoon

Post by Kalgoon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:03 pm

Also make sure you haven't had a God Save for anything else for an entire in-game day. All God Saves are the same save, so if you were spared from death before you started crafting, you won't get a God Save, because it's the same mechanic.
Narcisse, Gnomish linguist and booper of snoots.

andthenthatwasthat

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:45 am

Kalgoon wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:03 pm
Also make sure you haven't had a God Save for anything else for an entire in-game day. All God Saves are the same save, so if you were spared from death before you started crafting, you won't get a God Save, because it's the same mechanic.
Though I suspected it at some point, I did not know this. Thanks.