New Barbarian and Tribesman update?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

SwampFoot

New Barbarian and Tribesman update?

Post by SwampFoot » Thu May 07, 2015 4:46 pm

So, late last night I rolled up a Path of the Tribesman barbarian. My Tribesmen both had regen (I'm unsure of the amount).

I logged in just a few moments ago and noticed two things.

1) My weapon had a 1d4 temp damage on it without having applied an essence. The only thing I did which might explain this was Barbarian Rage to call my Tribesmen. Is this a new thing for all barbarians? How long will that last?

2) My Tribesmen no longer had regen. Was it removed for balance/lag/other issues?

DM El Guapo

Re: New Barbarian and Tribesman update?

Post by DM El Guapo » Fri May 08, 2015 1:24 am

Unsure about the temp damage boost. This may be a coded benefit to the rage which lasts temporary rounds/turns. Did you try testing it?

The regen was due to a previous item that was equipped on the henchman that has since been removed.
Mithreas » 29 Jan 2015 04:10
We generally don't look fondly on rules lawyers.

Our rules are simple for a reason - to make the guiding principles behind them clear. We enforce the principles, not simply the literal wording.

SwampFoot

Post by SwampFoot » Fri May 08, 2015 6:17 am

After calling the tribesmen again my character did not get the temp damage but my tribesman did (one of them).

Seemed rather random as it was 1d6 on his weapon.

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Fri May 08, 2015 10:01 am

*looks up at the discussion and a totally confused-look emerges on his face*

1) SwampFoot what temp damage are You referring too? I am running already 9 levels with my tribsman barbarian.. and never saw anything like what You described (not on my own char and neither on the Tribesmans).
Maybe You're mistaking the toggled Power Attack for it? The Tribesmans have Power Attack feat and they turn it on and off rather randomly but it shows as a +5 damage on the weapon?
I never seen anything like what You are describing. Can You repeat it and find the cause?

2) The Regen:
DM El Guapo wrote:
The regen was due to a previous item that was equipped on the henchman that has since been removed.
DM El Guapo I think You are mistaken on that.
From my experience (and backed up by Mirw) with the Tribals, they have the regeneration 3/round from a certain level (was around 6 when I noticed it I think, could be also some update went in). According to Mirw it stays 3/round even on 21 level.
I find the regen EXTREMELY useful for the Tribals.. thanks to that I don't have to heal them with zillions of kits all the time.. it's a really welcomed change.

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Fri May 08, 2015 12:31 pm

I think the issue which he refers to is that the tribals sometimes drop their armor, which is the thing which gives them the regen. This is a bug and picking up the armor is an exploit, however perhaps the only fix they could find is just to remove the armor all together.

(Or I might be totally wrong and speaking out of my arse. *cough*)
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

SwampFoot

Post by SwampFoot » Fri May 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Acid damage was first on my character's weapon, then showing on one of my tribesmen's weapons. Definitely not a power attack effect.

While not in battle with power attack turned off for the tribesman his damage read as:

Damage 1d8 +6
+1d6 Acid damage

The 1d8 +6 accounts for base weapon damage and strength modifier with weapon specialization.

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Mon May 11, 2015 2:48 pm

SwampFoot wrote:
While not in battle with power attack turned off for the tribesman his damage read as:

Damage 1d8 +6
+1d6 Acid damage
Hmm.. strange I wonder how did You get it(would love to have that on mine Tribals as well)

..wait just a thought You know how the character sheet lies in NWN? Maybe it was just simply a glitch - You first checked Your own sheet, then the Tribal.. and it just somehow copied to the tribal as well.

Have You seen the Tribal doing Acid damage during his attack (in the message log)? The message log is the one which is always right not the character sheet.
Were You able to repeat this?