Gender ratios of characters of different races

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Altair01

Gender ratios of characters of different races

Post by Altair01 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:00 pm

Which gender is less prevalent among characters of the various races right now? I am especially interested in humans, surface elves (of all subraces) and drow.

I ask this because, for the sake of adding variety to the server, I usually play characters of the gender that other players don't tend to pick for a given race, e.g. female dwarves (if no gender is drastically overrepresented, I pick either). If other players do the same, they might find this information useful too.

Hazard

Re: Gender ratios of characters of different races

Post by Hazard » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:25 pm

Female ogres.

Rico_scorpion

Post by Rico_scorpion » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:26 pm

Don't quote me on that (really, don't :) ), but I - think - that females are way more numerous than males for humans/elves/h-elves. And h-orc and dwarves have little females.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:28 pm

Gnomes and hin both seem pretty evenly divided, though I will say given character and player turnover, these things can change quickly.

xanrael

Post by xanrael » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 pm

I suspect the following mostly holds true:

Can you fairly easily make a conventionally attractive female avatar of x race? More females
Is it difficult or impossible to do so? More males

This has been what I have seen from my own experience over my time here so think it could mostly serve you well if you're looking to pick the less seen choice.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:33 pm

xanrael wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 pm
I suspect the following mostly holds true:

Can you fairly easily make a conventionally attractive female avatar of x race? More females
Is it difficult or impossible to do so? More males

This has been what I have seen from my own experience over my time here so think it could mostly serve you well if you're looking to pick the less seen choice.
This person speaks facts.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

WaldoT

Post by WaldoT » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:37 pm

I'd say for kobolds is is likely 70% male 30% female at the moment. Not that there's really any difference between the two socially, culturally, and such minute differences physically no one really bothers to describe it. If it is at all possible to convey. That and static models likely contributes to it.

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:01 am

Females have better costume options across the board, frankly.

Curve

Post by Curve » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 am

My choices are always based on fashion.

Anime Sword Fighter

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:15 am

ReverentBlade wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:01 am
I disagree, I find the male model easier to work with because I'm not forced to work around the giant boob window. Their massive pecs are easier to hide somehow, imo. I'm also a man IRL which might bias me to feeling more comfortable dressing a man from sheer experience of myself, if that makes sense.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:33 am

Anime Sword Fighter wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:15 am
ReverentBlade wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:01 am
I disagree, I find the male model easier to work with because I'm not forced to work around the giant boob window. Their massive pecs are easier to hide somehow, imo. I'm also a man IRL which might bias me to feeling more comfortable dressing a man from sheer experience of myself, if that makes sense.
The new hak robe options gives a lot of AMAZING options for female characters. I also really dislike the boob window shirts, and was pleasantly surprised that so many great clothing options were added. If you've not made a female character since robe haks were introduced, I recommend checking it out.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:53 am

Yeah female characters definitely got the better deal with the sheer amount of new heads and clothes options from HAK's. Which makes sense with how horny modders are.