Taking Posession of Runic Items

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Curve

Taking Posession of Runic Items

Post by Curve » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:27 pm

Is there a way to take possession of naturally runic items? Items where once enchanted their name becomes shortened like Disciple's Wraps that become "le's W"? These seem to be one of the few items that I am unable to take possession of.

Drogo Gyslain

Re: Taking Posession of Runic Items

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:55 pm

I've heard from somewhere, but never tried it, but there is a FOiG item that would -possibly- allow this beyond taking a risk on enchanting the item.

Curve

Post by Curve » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:06 pm

I just want to give my items cool descriptions. Is this a thing DMs have done for anyone in the past? The items I have just have the base description. The shop owner I bought the items from does not know who enchanted them, otherwise I would handle it ic.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 pm

It would be nice if we could just take possession of whatever we want.

Definately Not A Mimic

Post by Definately Not A Mimic » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:34 am

There was a basin feature that was added that literally allows you to take ownership for that sole purpose. Place something you don't mind losing in the Basin, can't be crafting tables any more, and look at the options. One should be called - Take Possession down at the bottom of the list.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:59 am

Definately Not A Mimic wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:34 am
There was a basin feature that was added that literally allows you to take ownership for that sole purpose. Place something you don't mind losing in the Basin, can't be crafting tables any more, and look at the options. One should be called - Take Possession down at the bottom of the list.
This usually works, though I have noticed on occasions some items do not allow it. I suspect they may simply be oversights.

But yes, in general you can just "Take Possession" in the basin, which is a great feature!

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:23 am

Keep in mind that any item that has already had its name/description edited cannot be Taken Possession of; which may be what is actually happening in those instances.
what would fred rogers do?

Curve

Post by Curve » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 pm

That makes sense. So when the natural rune is enchanted it seems to change the name of the item, thus preventing it from being taken possession of. I’ll write up a bug report once I’m at a pc and can do some toying around to see if I can reproduce it in pgcc.

Thanks, this is answered if anyone wants to close.