Can the "portal page" be wrong?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Rico_scorpion

Can the "portal page" be wrong?

Post by Rico_scorpion » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:57 am

Hey,

Like for me right now all servers are down (grey) (except pgcc). But portal states 2 are rebooting and 3 are just fine. So either that's fake news, or the issue is on my end.

Any insight?

Cheers

LIAR LIAR

Re: Can the "portal page" be wrong?

Post by LIAR LIAR » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:11 am

The Arelith portal shows me as online, but Arelith went down like an hour ago. Ive been playing League of Legends while brooding over rp. I believe it's most likely related to this: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33187

There was a two minute warning the servers needed to be shutdown, and that further updates would be in the discord. I don't use the discord, so I'm sort of in the dark on that.

Rico_scorpion

Post by Rico_scorpion » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:16 am

From the discord:
DM Dionysus — Aujourd’hui à 07:39
We know something weird is happening. You might be missing characters. This is speculation, but I advise not doing anything and staying off the server until this is fixed. It will be fixed ASAP.
DM Dionysus — Aujourd’hui à 07:47
This is an announcement before the in game one. Servers are being turned off for now. Please type: -save and hope for the best. It will be a hard shut down.
DM Hoodoo — Aujourd’hui à 07:53
Servers are down for temporary maintenace.. Please be patient
DM Hoodoo — Aujourd’hui à 08:49
Update: The issue was found, I have fixed it.
The bics that were affected will have to be restored from backup, I'm currently looking into a solution that will not require me to restore the whole server vault.
Backup is being mounted so servers are not coming back up just yet
Thanks for the heads up! I figured it was related to the bug report but you know it's sometimes wonky and could have just been my connection that decided to play with me :) .

LIAR LIAR

Post by LIAR LIAR » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:19 am

Oh, thank you for that update!