Shouldn't other beverages have status meter effects?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Kessarin

Shouldn't other beverages have status meter effects?

Post by Kessarin » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:26 pm

I know, I know. I'm on a mission when it comes to beverages. ;)

Waters, coffees, and alcohols have status meter effects. Why don't other drinkable items? Milks, juices, teas, etc. Could they be changed to offer varying degrees of something? Teas could give +2.5% to rest, which is half of what coffees gives. Juices and milks could give +10-15% to water. Basically, can these items be made... useful for when they're consumed?

Same goes for the Speckled Egg "food" item. Maybe these things just weren't added to Arelith's status meter system?
Come visit the Carmichael Corner Café - located in the corner of Guldorand's town square near the Counting House and Speedy Messenger Service.

• new menu items featured every IG month!
• social opportunities - see and be seen!

Ebonstar

Re: Shouldn't other beverages have status meter effects?

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm

they do see your other thread for the answer
Yes I can sign

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:50 pm

The biggest crime about the meters is that nuts give less satiation than fruit or berries; the role of these items should be reversed. Berries and fruits give a short sugar rush but are ultimately (usually) fairly scant on actual caloric content that isn't just rapidly burned as metabolized sugars.

Nuts are full of slow-burning fats and other nutritional goodness, and are extremely high in both calories and efficient for longterm satiation.

Nut justice when?
what would fred rogers do?

Kessarin

Post by Kessarin » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:15 pm

I figured out the issue: I was testing the items when I was already at full meters. Whoopsie! :oops:
Come visit the Carmichael Corner Café - located in the corner of Guldorand's town square near the Counting House and Speedy Messenger Service.

• new menu items featured every IG month!
• social opportunities - see and be seen!

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 am

Flower Power wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:50 pm
The biggest crime about the meters is that nuts give less satiation than fruit or berries; the role of these items should be reversed. Berries and fruits give a short sugar rush but are ultimately (usually) fairly scant on actual caloric content that isn't just rapidly burned as metabolized sugars.

Nuts are full of slow-burning fats and other nutritional goodness, and are extremely high in both calories and efficient for longterm satiation.

Nut justice when?
most nut bushes are near animals or hostiles, and their poop may help them grow but kills longterm effects
jk
Yes I can sign

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:38 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 am
Flower Power wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:50 pm

Nut justice when?
most nut bushes are near animals or hostiles, and their poop may help them grow but kills longterm effects
jk
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. The biggest injustice in the meter system is the lack of a waste elimination meter. I mean, let's be honest, if you had to do the equivalent of "rest" periodically to reduce your waste meter but instead of "you've been ambushed" it read "they caught you with your pants down" we would all have a good laugh.

Kidding ... or am I?