Remaking a Tiefling

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Tahira Waynolt

Remaking a Tiefling

Post by Tahira Waynolt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:48 pm

Is it possible to delevel my Tiefling and remake her from scratch or is that against the rules?
(I'ld really hated to have to grind another major since I do not like to throw away my characters.... just my current setup isnt working for me =/)

Hazard

Re: Remaking a Tiefling

Post by Hazard » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:53 pm

I don't think so, no.
At least that's what I've been told.

Tim Burton Feature Presentation

Post by Tim Burton Feature Presentation » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Spent character retirement awards may be refunded on characters of level 5 or below by using the -delete_character command. Using the command once will show which award tier that character is eligible for, if any.

This opportunity is no longer available if a character reaches level 6, even if they are to delevel. Characters redeeming the level 14 Guldorand start award cannot refund the award in this manner if they have taken their 6th character level. They will only be able to refund it if they use the command prior to taking their 6th level.
"The darkest minds are often peering through tinted glass so utterly dark that there seems to be no light left in the world."

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:08 pm

Tahira Waynolt wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:48 pm
Is it possible to delevel my Tiefling and remake her from scratch or is that against the rules?
(I'ld really hated to have to grind another major since I do not like to throw away my characters.... just my current setup isnt working for me =/)
Sadly you'll need to use another major if you want to completely remake your tiefling. Only if she were below level 6 (as in - has never reached level 6) would your reward be refundable.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:43 pm

I do think there needs to be an expansion of the reward return policy- specifically due to the L14 start in guldorand. If you mess up or find you don't enjoy the concept, it is already too late to reclaim your normal reward.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:40 am

Ork wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:43 pm
I do think there needs to be an expansion of the reward return policy- specifically due to the L14 start in guldorand. If you mess up or find you don't enjoy the concept, it is already too late to reclaim your normal reward.
I think this is a point worth making. The sheer number of server changes comes to mind as another reason. Alas the suggestion forum is closed.

xanrael

Post by xanrael » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:53 am

New Sencliff start would be another, especially as you're not spending a reward specifically to start there (past some UD races) but you're locked into that reward due to the starting level.

DM Snowcat

Post by DM Snowcat » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:27 am

Ork wrote:
There are no plans to return Guldorand l14 awards if you end up not enjoying the concept, I have brought this up to Admins and it has ultimately been 'no'. We ask you to plan the concepts and builds carefully before choosing the l14 start.
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:20 pm

DM Snowcat wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:27 am
Ork wrote:
There are no plans to return Guldorand l14 awards if you end up not enjoying the concept, I have brought this up to Admins and it has ultimately been 'no'. We ask you to plan the concepts and builds carefully before choosing the l14 start.
Heard. I just think the philosophy behind the L5 gift redemption holds true for the L14 start and the sencliff start. Here's hoping that changes in the future.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:10 pm

I thought I heard people say they delete_character x2 after Guld start, and while not leveling past lvl 14 and did get a refund of the award. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyhow I agree it does make a lot of sense that it'd be treated as the rest of the awards in regards to refunds. Guld start is not for everyone and not for every concept but many people are just curious to try it because it's unique.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Inordinate
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Inordinate » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:20 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:10 pm
I thought I heard people say they delete_character x2 after Guld start, and while not leveling past lvl 14 and did get a refund of the award. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyhow I agree it does make a lot of sense that it'd be treated as the rest of the awards in regards to refunds. Guld start is not for everyone and not for every concept but many people are just curious to try it because it's unique.
As long as you don't take your 6th character level you are still able to refund.
If need there comes to shelter my ship on the flood;
The wind I calm upon the waves, and the sea I put to sleep

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Mon May 03, 2021 10:28 am

Just 1 level seems to be enough to decide whether something is fun or not when you begin at 14. The problem is that players aren’t going to remain below 6 when they’re using the Guldorand start because the whole point is that they’re starting at 14.

Opting to let Guldorand starts remake before they hit enough xp for 15 would solve it.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.