Water breathing/underwater activities?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Tell No Tales

Water breathing/underwater activities?

Post by Tell No Tales » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am

Was skimming through the wiki and saw these activities mentioned, I made a sea/coast themed druid and it would kind of ruin the whole concept of the character if it were to drown or fail to traverse underwater areas.

So I guess the question is will my totem druid succeed at these activities? Are there any skills required? Is there a water breathing spell? Does water elemental factor in any way?

Drowble Oh Seven

Re: Water breathing/underwater activities?

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:38 pm

To my knowledge, it's a CON check. Water genasi get a free pass - Or, at least did last time I was playing around with them. How much you need, and whether gear factors in, I don't know.

There is an item in the module that can help low-CON characters access a particular underwater area but, again, I don't know if it can be taken away to use elsewhere.

Sorry for the horribly vague answer - It's not something I've personally played with a lot.

Tell No Tales

Post by Tell No Tales » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:44 pm

Drowble Oh Seven wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:38 pm
To my knowledge, it's a CON check. Water genasi get a free pass - Or, at least did last time I was playing around with them. How much you need, and whether gear factors in, I don't know.

There is an item in the module that can help low-CON characters access a particular underwater area but, again, I don't know if it can be taken away to use elsewhere.

Sorry for the horribly vague answer - It's not something I've personally played with a lot.
Nice! If it's just a CON check then all should be fine, totem shape gets insane CON buffs

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:06 pm

If water elementals can drown I'm going to be very amused.