Mundane Loremaster, ESF commands and arcane vs divine

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

LovelyLightningWitch

Mundane Loremaster, ESF commands and arcane vs divine

Post by LovelyLightningWitch » Sat May 15, 2021 10:26 am

As a mundane Loremaster with Gift of Devotion, adhering to a deity with the domains in 3E of "Chaos, Dream, Elf, Good, Illusion, Knowledge, Moon, Travel"

Is it permitted to play Secret of Illusion as some sort of old, high-effort divine ritual to create an illusory image of yourself, either to send messages or to create a illusory double, or does the requirement for components clearly define such as an arcane ritual?

Another being the Secret of Teleport/Secret of Summoning. While summoning does not exactly cover "travel", one could argue that its ability to rescue people falls under the deity's portfolio of ensuring safe travels for her followers.

We already have -pray for mundanes to "cast" divine spells of healing and whatnot. Would the concept, combined with Gift of Devotion, be able to be extended to mundane LM ESF commands?

Nitro

Re: Mundane Loremaster, ESF commands and arcane vs divine

Post by Nitro » Sat May 15, 2021 3:10 pm

You're allowed to RP whatever you want. You can claim to be the personal chosen of Mystra or that the gold you pick up from creatures is due to a midas curse that turns their fingernails to gold coins. No one is forced to believe you or go along with it though.

Martoc

Post by Martoc » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:55 am

Nitro wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:10 pm
You're allowed to RP whatever you want. You can claim to be the personal chosen of Mystra or that the gold you pick up from creatures is due to a midas curse that turns their fingernails to gold coins. No one is forced to believe you or go along with it though.
That's not entirely true. You can't RP as a talking animal. You can't RP as a child. There's a rules page that covers this (I wish I found this before I got to 16 on my talking animal PC): http://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Rules

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:20 am

What about animals that shrug, giggle or nod?