Secret Doors

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Secret Doors

Post by Cabarcos » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:48 pm

I was thinking about rogues, about how hard it's to find one lately, at least with the group of people I'm playing with, and that brought to my mind secret doors.
For now I've just found a secret door in what I think was a crate. If you checked it, you could pass through a hole to the other side of the wall.
There are not many secret doors on the server, or its just that I haven't found them?

If 'm not remebering badly, you could create a secret door that you will not see if you didn't pass a spot or search check. If you detected it, it could be used like a normal door to pass through a wall ,and it even dissapered some time after, I think.
There were some of them I an server in which I helped long time ago.
That kind of thing made dungeons more interesting. They could be even be activated or not on server restart. I like that kind of things because is makes a dungeon less just go via the short path, so I just kill the necessary baddies and finish it ASAP.

Good Character

Re: Secret Doors

Post by Good Character » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:53 pm

There are secret doors. They just require abilities that are limited exclusively to certain classes or skills.

However, I personally have never heard of the doors you might be referring to if you mean the ones that Ravenloft: POTM has. If they do exist, that sounds amazing as they were one of my favorite parts of POTM.

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cabarcos » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:26 pm

I used this page a lot of times when trying to do somethings with the toolset, ages ago:

https://nwnlexicon.com/index.php?title= ... cret_Doors

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:15 pm

They are called mysterious doors for a reason ... ;) A very good reason .... Let's keep them secret too. :D

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Tabby » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:41 pm

Confirmed on the mysterious doors, ohh yes :D i played a looong time without knowing of them.

But i do like the idea with spot/search
"You notice a loose brick on the wall"
Then it appear, and is clickable..

Perhaps some secret caverns, even some that is ridiculous hidden, and has a 2-3 level exploring :)

Dormant Character: Tabitha Fuzzypaw - Shelved, searching all corners for treasures and secrets.
Misty Scrollsinger - Still searching answers, but is now elsewhere

Rolled Character: Björn Njald - sailed on new adventures

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cabarcos » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:49 pm

It's interesting because it can add more inmersion. Even so, the same idea could be applied to chest, etc.
It you take the time to look around, maybe you could find some loot, etc.
Talking about this it's making me want to undust aurora toolkit.
I'll have to look for a little module in which I tried some of this things.

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Tabby » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 pm

Cabarcos wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:49 pm
It's interesting because it can add more inmersion. Even so, the same idea could be applied to chest, etc.
It you take the time to look around, maybe you could find some loot, etc.
Talking about this it's making me want to undust aurora toolkit.
I'll have to look for a little module in which I tried some of this things.
That is also a very great idea! Perhaps it could use somehow the Spawn mechanic that makes monsters appear.. randomized.. THAT would make people be more search oriented/exploring..

I always hated the "lets do this dungeon, then lets us sprint through the dungeon, kill everything as fast as we can, and get the loot"

It always felt so un-immersive, realising its a game about loot, rather an immersive RPG, with interesting dungeons to enchance the rp element.

Dormant Character: Tabitha Fuzzypaw - Shelved, searching all corners for treasures and secrets.
Misty Scrollsinger - Still searching answers, but is now elsewhere

Rolled Character: Björn Njald - sailed on new adventures

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:12 pm

The door OP is referring to can be used by any character regardless of skill, level or class.
There are a few others like it and similar around the module. I 'think' they are very rare, either that or I haven't found many after being here this long.