Question About the WM update

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

AstralUniverse

Question About the WM update

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:30 am

From Kenji
==============
Weapon Master Level 10 +1 AB and Feat:

Bonus Feat: WMs can now take fighter bonus feats for their bonus feats intended for Weapon of Choice at first and 10th level.
- Reason for this is if we were to limit bonus feat to take anything other than Weapon of Choice feats, the WM can't take any of those feats upon taking 1st WM level at a generic feat level (such as 9, 12, 15, and etc.) due to engine limitations.
- Players are still highly suggested to take Weapon of Choice at first WM level.

Lvl 10 AB: WMs get Epic Prowess for free at level 10.
- Players can still take Epic Prowess for their 10th WM level but are advised not to do so. If we put in automatic gain of epic prowess at lvl10, this means WM levels before 10 can't take Epic Prowess if one took WM levels during one of the generic epic feat levels (at 21, 24, 27, or 30). This will affect WMs who aren't going to invest 10 levels in WM.
- It was originally intended to do scripted +1 AB as the fix, but after some internal discussion, it'd be too much of an AB creep that giving epic prowess seemed like the good middle ground solution.
I'm a bit confused about what the update means.
- Is this just an in depth explanation of the reasoning behind the buff of +1 ab and bonus feat at lvl 10th?
- Is it a new update that +1 ab is removed and instead there's Epic Prowess for free at lvl 10th? If so, is there still a bonus feat at lvl 10th? Or is it that the feat is removed, Epic Prowess is for free and the +1 ab stays?

I'm just confused with the wording there.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Question About the WM update

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:39 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:30 am
From Kenji
==============
Weapon Master Level 10 +1 AB and Feat:

Bonus Feat: WMs can now take fighter bonus feats for their bonus feats intended for Weapon of Choice at first and 10th level.
- Reason for this is if we were to limit bonus feat to take anything other than Weapon of Choice feats, the WM can't take any of those feats upon taking 1st WM level at a generic feat level (such as 9, 12, 15, and etc.) due to engine limitations.
- Players are still highly suggested to take Weapon of Choice at first WM level.

Lvl 10 AB: WMs get Epic Prowess for free at level 10.
- Players can still take Epic Prowess for their 10th WM level but are advised not to do so. If we put in automatic gain of epic prowess at lvl10, this means WM levels before 10 can't take Epic Prowess if one took WM levels during one of the generic epic feat levels (at 21, 24, 27, or 30). This will affect WMs who aren't going to invest 10 levels in WM.
- It was originally intended to do scripted +1 AB as the fix, but after some internal discussion, it'd be too much of an AB creep that giving epic prowess seemed like the good middle ground solution.
I'm a bit confused about what the update means.
- Is this just an in depth explanation of the reasoning behind the buff of +1 ab and bonus feat at lvl 10th?
- Is it a new update that +1 ab is removed and instead there's Epic Prowess for free at lvl 10th? If so, is there still a bonus feat at lvl 10th? Or is it that the feat is removed, Epic Prowess is for free and the +1 ab stays?

I'm just confused with the wording there.
The +1AB is replaced by Epic Prowess. The bonus feat stays (with extra feat options).

AstralUniverse

Re: Question About the WM update

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:42 am

thanks a lot Kalo <3
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too