Swapping deities to represent deities with multiple identities - against the rules?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

LovelyLightningWitch

Swapping deities to represent deities with multiple identities - against the rules?

Post by LovelyLightningWitch » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:09 am

Angharradh in lore has clerics who serve as dual clergy (or more) for Angharradh, and one of her constituent deities.

From this, I would presume they can dedicate altars to both the Triune and one of Sehanine, Hanali and Solonor.

Presently such is not possible with current mechanics, and such I am curious of any "life-hacks" I could do as an Angharradite to assist in removing desecrations of one of her "constituent" deities.

One idea I have had was to use the god selector to swap back and forth Angharradh and Sehanine, with my character focusing on the 2 - to help with shrines and so forth. This would cost me XP and piety, but I can restore both easily enough.

However, I am uncertain if doing so might be against some unwritten or unspoken rule - thus my asking here.

Thus the exact wording is:

"Is the following against the rules? To play a Gift of Devotion/Cleric of Angharradh, and when altars of Sehanine/Aerdrie/Hanali are desecrated, use the god select tool to offer restoration when no clergy of the constituent deity is present to do so"?