Quarter theft

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

KnifeParty

Quarter theft

Post by KnifeParty » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:19 pm

What rules apply on getting a thief on act inside your quarter?

Could not get any information in the sleigh of hand/quarter pages of the wiki.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Quarter theft

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:48 am

There's no specific rule that I'm aware of, but my understanding has been that quarter infiltration is considered PvP, therefore, since you're already "engaged", you're free to attack.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:07 am

But that would imply that it works both ways...

I really doubt that it'd be OK for character A to break into B's quarter, finding B at home and attacking them with no prior RP interaction.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:13 am

Considering that in the past it's been OK'd to lay down traps in your own home preventatively and unattended (though this is an ancient shadow ruling by now) I do kind of think that jumping an intruder should be totally fine, but that an intruder must RP if they want to initiate PvP. This seems sensible to me.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Skarain

Post by Skarain » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:22 am

I believe it is somewhat on the gray area. If someone sneaks into YOUR quarter to rob/kill you, they have to interact by the usual rules.

If you find someone who should not be in your quarter, the panic is understandable and DMs probably would not fault you too much for attacking directly. It is like finding someone IN your pocket. However, I would consider it polite on both ends to Interact. Emotions are definitely high, but this is a roleplaying server. You will get more story out of it if you do not immediately pll the trigger, though if you do, at least have Subdual on.

Well unless off course the thief panics and hits portal lens icon like their life depends on it.

I have a character who regularly sneaks into people quarters when they arent watching. My personal rule is to always interact if caught, as that makes for a better story than immediately lensing.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:42 am

Skarain wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:22 am
I believe it is somewhat on the gray area. If someone sneaks into YOUR quarter to rob/kill you, they have to interact by the usual rules.

If you find someone who should not be in your quarter, the panic is understandable and DMs probably would not fault you too much for attacking directly. It is like finding someone IN your pocket. However, I would consider it polite on both ends to Interact. Emotions are definitely high, but this is a roleplaying server. You will get more story out of it if you do not immediately pll the trigger, though if you do, at least have Subdual on.

Well unless off course the thief panics and hits portal lens icon like their life depends on it.

I have a character who regularly sneaks into people quarters when they arent watching. My personal rule is to always interact if caught, as that makes for a better story than immediately lensing.

This. But really I'd always try to interact first.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:27 pm

Because there's concerns about clarity here...

You need to interact with someone before pvp, or at least offer interaction, even if someone has illicitly entered your quarter.

If someone tries to abuse this rule by say, logging in your quarter, or running past you to get to your chest, or anything like that - let us know and we'll ensure that said person is punished and that - if at all possible - your possessions are returned.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)