Guildhouse Ownership

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Kenan16

Guildhouse Ownership

Post by Kenan16 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:28 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
I owned a crewhouse on Sencliff. My computer died and I wasn't sure if I would be able to get it up and running before the property went on the market. I was expecting ownership to transfer to a fellow crew member. My crew members contacted a DM and was informed ownership should transfer upon the property sale timers completion. Instead, Guildhall was purchased by an unknown party and many of our assets were taken.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Rent the room in the Crew house 4. The current owner then releases Guild ownership.

Expected Result:
- If a Guild Owner's ownership times out, or the quarter is released, it is automatically transferred to a tenant, selected at random. If the interior quarter selected is not occupied, the guild is released. If the Guild Owner can no longer pay the tax/maintenance, the guild is also released.

Actual Result:
Guild House was put up for sale and later bought by a non-guild member.

Screenshot(s)
N/A

Additional Information/Notes
Not really sure what to do at this point. Would be good if the issue was corrected for the next set of owners so the issue isn't repeated and they suffer the same fate. Will try to contact the current owner IG to recover personal items from my room.

Good Character

Re: Guildhouse Ownership

Post by Good Character » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:29 am

To confirm all the rooms in the crew house were occupied?

Kenan16

Post by Kenan16 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:59 am

One of them was occupied, the other wasn't.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:12 am

"If the interior quarter selected is not occupied, the guild is released."

This part is referring to if one quarter is unoccupied and that quarter is selected randomly it puts the entire crew house up for sale. In other words, working as intended.

DarknessOfDespair

Post by DarknessOfDespair » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:14 am

So then why did a DM tell us not worry about it as we owned one of the interior quarters? Does it work as intended and the DM's dont know what they're doing, then?

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:21 am

Likely a misunderstanding of what was being asked. However, definitely intended as it's meant to help ease management for DMs of guildhouses not being entirely used.

Irongron made the point in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33614

DM Snowcat

Post by DM Snowcat » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:24 pm

Indeed, not a bug. Every room has to be filled if you want to be 100% sure of the transferring, as it tosses coin randomly and on your case, it landed on an empty room. Likely a misunderstanding from one side, on either what was said, or asked.

Moving to the Q/A as not a bug.
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)

Wethrinea

Post by Wethrinea » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:59 pm

DM Snowcat wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:24 pm
Indeed, not a bug. Every room has to be filled if you want to be 100% sure of the transferring, as it tosses coin randomly and on your case, it landed on an empty room. Likely a misunderstanding from one side, on either what was said, or asked.

Moving to the Q/A as not a bug.
A follow up on that: If you own a Guild house, and one of the interior quarters (or ship), while the rest are occupied by others, what happens if the quarter you own yourself is selected at random? In the case you roll your character for example.
Ivar Ferdamann - Mercenary turned Marshall