Can't go into Invisible blade?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

resquiat

Can't go into Invisible blade?

Post by resquiat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 pm

Hey all. Figured I'd ask since my toon in UD can't seem to get into Invisible blade and I'm not sure if I'm just dumb. I recently hit level Seven with my Kobold Rogue and got the feats needed according to the requirements. He has the weapon focus: One handed edge, Dodge, and when wielding nothing or having no gear on he has a +10 to hit. With a single blade he has a +12. And with two weapons in hand he has a +8 and a +4. As well as having the 6 slight of hand. Anyone else having this issue? If I'm just not doing something right being pushed in the right direction helps. Feel free to answer or shoot a message :D
Our hearts may shatter.... But those pieces shall create a beautiful canvas later on.

Sombricimos

Re: Can't go into Invisible blade?

Post by Sombricimos » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:04 am

The class mentions you need to have 7 Base attack bonus, with 7 rogue levels you're probably at 5.

So you should be looking at the Base attack, not to be confused with Attack bonus, which is your Base attack bonus(BAB) +/- other things (such as Weapon proficiencies, STR or DEX mod, malus to dual wielding, etc)

You can check that on your character sheet, should be somewhere near Spell resistance and saves.

So you should get to 7 Base attack bonus by level 9 maybe? Something like that

Killer on the drive home

Post by Killer on the drive home » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:06 am

Actually, ignore me.
Unwanted, too slow
Sent to the world below

resquiat

Post by resquiat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:25 am

Killer on the drive home wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:06 am
Actually, ignore me.
All good. I appreciate a response at least :P
Our hearts may shatter.... But those pieces shall create a beautiful canvas later on.

resquiat

Post by resquiat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:26 am

I think I realized it already with the base attack. I think you're right in some regard.

Eyeliner

Post by Eyeliner » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:16 am

Those are outdated requirements. You need Two-Weapon Fighting (the feat) and +7. Dodge isn't needed at all. Don't think you need 1H edged to take the class though you'll need it for the weapons.

resquiat

Post by resquiat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:36 am

Eyeliner wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:16 am
Those are outdated requirements. You need Two-Weapon Fighting (the feat) and +7. Dodge isn't needed at all. Don't think you need 1H edged to take the class though you'll need it for the weapons.
Oh! I see! Thank you! I was just confused since I saw the requirements on the game itself. :D

ltlukoziuz

Post by ltlukoziuz » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Eyeliner wrote:
Even though wiki says otherwise, Ranger Dual Wield feat works for it too. I had been levelling Ranger and even though I took no feats related to TWF outside of Dual Wield Mastery (because I wear light armor), I still could pick IB if I wanted

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier

resquiat

Post by resquiat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:53 pm

ltlukoziuz wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:01 pm
Eyeliner wrote:
Even though wiki says otherwise, Ranger Dual Wield feat works for it too. I had been levelling Ranger and even though I took no feats related to TWF outside of Dual Wield Mastery (because I wear light armor), I still could pick IB if I wanted
Oh! That's good to know! Might have to use that in the future. :D

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:23 pm

If the class description in game lists old prerequisites, I'd bring that up in a bug thread.