Andunor Homes and Manors

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Retratserif

Andunor Homes and Manors

Post by Retratserif » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:47 pm

Is there any plans to increase the number of decent homes in the City of Andunor? Seems to me, that there could easily be 4 times as many Manors, and even 4 times that homes.

I cannot seem to find anything other than Treadstone, which may be affordable, but really is crappy.

I'm curious. Everything is taken, and the rest is not worth furnishings. Very demoralizing when I see some Homes, Manors or other valuable property with many storage areas, shops and otherwise good environments to relax in.

Please tell me that something is in the way.

Curve

Re: Andunor Homes and Manors

Post by Curve » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:33 am

I don’t know the answer, but if you called something I made crappy I would not run to make you happy or help you in any way.

Retratserif

Post by Retratserif » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:40 am

Thanks for responding, though I am being quite serious. The rooms in treadstone serve a purpose for cheap housing... Yes... But they are made to look like crap. There is holes everywhere and that is the way it is designed... It in game looks horrible.

I am not bashing the design of Treadstone, in a graphical manner. No. I am just looking for better housing. More functional.

I have seen some amazing looking places.

Skarain

Post by Skarain » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:54 am

Isn't the low supply specifically what makes something desireable?

Andunor is a very missmatch place, with multitude of monster races that do normally not interact too much on friendly terms neccessarily. Even the builings around hub are supported with pillars, to prevent them from toppling over.

The districts naturally have better looking houses, as that is where the ruling power resides, besides Hubmaster, who probably had a lavish appartment somewhere hidden from sigth.

You can always get a vault from sharps to store your things and be on lookout for a better appartment, or get involved in settlement politics and try to prove your value and through that acquire housing from the powers that rule.

As for a rundown looking place, decorate all the walls with bookshelves and statues and lay the floor with carpets. You can make your own mansion out of your flat, given will, while looking for a better one.

Retratserif

Post by Retratserif » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:30 am

The rarity does not at value to me. Functionality does.

They being said, I had found a quarter. For it's price I I was extremely disappointed street being super excited.

There was no way for me to know what I was purchasing. If known, I surely had not. I assumed with the price that was involved, that there would have been more to it. Much more.

There is much to be left desired in housing. I have been in some places that are experiment l extremely large. Well decorated too. But have more function than a single chest.

Kind of running in circles with this. With the lack of options, it seems I should keep it. I have heard no plans on changing our increasing the number prayer homes, or increasing it's functionality.

Knowing that there is much better properties of there does little in the way of hope, with prices like those and every nicer more functional property being held on to forever.

Has instanced based housing been mentioned? Or add a description of the floor plan, and what is there to interact with?

I'm just left with a new place that does nothing more than the rat shack I was just living in. Just bigger.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:00 pm

The districts defiantly have nice homes and part of the trade off with taking a home in treadstone (where you can't get evicted by settlement leader) is thier size and appearance. Though there are a few that are very nice.

If you want a nice place you just have to make the rounds and place bids when they come open.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Inosi Ser~if wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:30 am
The rarity does not at value to me. Functionality does.

They being said, I had found a quarter. For it's price I I was extremely disappointed street being super excited.

There was no way for me to know what I was purchasing. If known, I surely had not. I assumed with the price that was involved, that there would have been more to it. Much more.

There is much to be left desired in housing. I have been in some places that are experiment l extremely large. Well decorated too. But have more function than a single chest.

Kind of running in circles with this. With the lack of options, it seems I should keep it. I have heard no plans on changing our increasing the number prayer homes, or increasing it's functionality.

Knowing that there is much better properties of there does little in the way of hope, with prices like those and every nicer more functional property being held on to forever.

Has instanced based housing been mentioned? Or add a description of the floor plan, and what is there to interact with?

I'm just left with a new place that does nothing more than the rat shack I was just living in. Just bigger.
Treadstone is functional. you have to look at it like this. Its a dock area, and serves it workers.

Its not downtown Manhattan on the Upper East Side.
Its not the Hamptons, or Beverly Hills.

Its the shipping docks and the tenements that go with it. Tenements are small and not lavish. But they are clean, and safe, and can be a nice home, if you make it such. Or you can let it be a filthy rat hole that a gnome wouldnt stay in. Its all your story.
Yes I can sign

Retratserif

Post by Retratserif » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:21 am

I am learning. I thought for 50ooo, I would get 2 chests and menu'ed book shelves.

I plan on keeping it, and that character sticking around a while. I really only have 2 characters. Both Underdark. Although disappointed, I will get used to it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Wethrinea

Post by Wethrinea » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:39 am

Unless you are buying a guildhouse or noble estate, you will never get more than 1 chest. Bookshelves you can get from the many carpenters among the playerbase. This goes for any other workstation or other furniture you'd wish to equip your dwellings with,
Ivar Ferdamann - Mercenary turned Marshall

Varonmeer

Post by Varonmeer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:42 pm

Yeah aside from safe storage you can decorate your homes with w.e you want. There are some communal areas like Treadstone which have a combined limit of items allowed to be placed between everyone but it is very rarely a problem. Only a very few giant properties(guildhouses) have more than one chest. I've had idk forty different houses between the surface, UD, and planes, and only two of them came with 'extra stuff'. You can open the door to homes which are available to be bought by they way, then go in to check them out beforehand. Your next hurdle will probably be getting a shop after your char gets nicely established. Those have always been fewer and farther between. As far as property costs go I'd say just don't worry about it. 15k or w.e is change in the long run. The guildhouse I owned costed 300k to buy. The prices seem to be mostly based on the area rather than the square feet or anything else. I ask you if the setting would be as enjoyable if everyone was entitled to their own perfect Sims house? My answer would be no. Getting a nice place has always been a function of time spent in the world. The long lasting chars are going to end up holding the fancy houses eventually, and the character rerollers are going to live in apartments. That seems a good enough system to me.

Retratserif

Post by Retratserif » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:28 pm

The prices do seem to be entirely jacked up. I found one, that had no bid, for 1/5 of the price, that is 2 times bigger. And I could look at it before putting gold down.

But I guess having a quarter in a district, is somehow more valueable than a quarer elsewhere.

It cant be based on square footage. No way.

The one I saw for 80,000, after a 8k bid. Has very little anything to it, but a shop. No one goes there, so it will not do well.

I will become happy with the 1 quarter, in a district. May take a while.