Song of Deep Stone - How does the Resources part work?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

time_limited

Song of Deep Stone - How does the Resources part work?

Post by time_limited » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Hi, I have a question regarding the Song of Deep Stone.

Accordingly to the wiki part if my character has ESF:Perform this song should have: "ESF: Perfm: Chance of harvesting resources"

How does this work exactly?

Does it increase the amount of resources my character mines/gathers? If yes is it depended on Perform/Song strength?

Does it harvest resources on song use when my character stands beside a resource such as Coal?

Is this dependent on Lore or the level of the character? As in the system log I see a message:
"Some of the lore and insights you have accumulated assist you in your gathering efforts"

Does this stack with Loremaster Secret of Gathering?
I see in the system log that i sometimes get this "lore insights" message and then below it a "secret of gathering message" too

Does this work for other party members or just on my character?
Plays as:
Brega Dwarf-Smasher (active)
Longinus Dwarf-Smasher

time_limited

Re: Song of Deep Stone - How does the Resources part work?

Post by time_limited » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:32 am

So noone knows how does it actually work?
Plays as:
Brega Dwarf-Smasher (active)
Longinus Dwarf-Smasher

DangerDolphin

Re: Song of Deep Stone - How does the Resources part work?

Post by DangerDolphin » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 pm

Each deposit provides a minimum amount of ore from mining it. The bonus from Song of Deep Stone increases that minimum by one. As does Earth Genasi for instance. These are additive and can work together to increase it by two. The secret knowledge of gathering from loremaster is applied after these and is more complex, essentially adding 25% (or 10% for rare ores/gems like mithril,addy,rubies, etc) but with a minimum bonus of 1.

So all three together increase the minimum yield by 3 on a rare deposit, or much more on a common one like coal. The secret of gathering would have a much larger effect on the common ores than the other two bonuses do.