Reinstall

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Reinstall

Post by Cuchilla » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:08 pm

After approx nine months of painful problems logging into the game, it seems now that it won't let my main char in at all. Another char is allowed. I reported to Beamdog Support. Not sure they will answer me.

I am an idiot understanding technical issues, to say the least, and tec language, even the simplest, is like nonsens to me. I fear that Beamdog will patiently but in vain try to explain me what to do, using tec lingo.

So I finally decided to uninstall the game, and reinstall it. I heard that solves a lot of problem. Now, my issue is that the game won't let me uninstall the game. I keep getting the message that "an internal issue has occured" and I shall report it to Beamdog Support. Which I of course did.

And even if I would succeed, I have no idea to get the game again.

I am sure someone now ask me: Steam? Answer: I have no idea at all. Did I update? Answer: yes I did.

EDIT: I wonder if it is the same issue like described here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35251
Last edited by Cuchilla on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Reinstall

Post by Ping14 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:35 pm

I take it youre using the beamdog launcher?
The problem with uninstalling NWN is related to some nvidia driver issues (If I remember correctly, encountered same proboem before, rolling back driver settings can resolve issues)

But what I did yo reinstall NWN EE. I just deleted the folder forcefully. Then let the game fix itself on new installation (LOL!)

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:09 pm

Uninstalling and reinstalling should never have to be an option and it’s not the best solution to ever use.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 am

Spyre wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:09 pm
Uninstalling and reinstalling should never have to be an option and it’s not the best solution to ever use.
Good to know, thank you! I heard and read that reinstalling might be an option.

After the reset, I couldn't log in at all because of a download failure (missing file).

But then I went to bed and woke up: Everything fixed! Without reinstalling.

Thank you once again for whatever you did.

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.