Questions on settlements, quarter and storage sharing

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

xf1313

Questions on settlements, quarter and storage sharing

Post by xf1313 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:15 am

The information on wiki is painfully limited, I and to post and ask here, is there a list of settlements and quarters? Or how do I find out what the room offers (like can rest to 90%, can plant herbs on the ground etc.) I’d very much like to know that before spending gold on citizenship and disappointed.

If those info and meant to be found in game, that’s ok, please give me a few pointers on where to look ::cry hard::

If people have kind suggestions for my character, an elf Druid, I will be so grateful. Currently I found Heartwood Grove and Myon to be background fitting, is there anywhere else? I’d love place with good nature theme and if I get to tend to plants.

Last question, can I share my quarter with my other character? Like place a key in common area and log in to alt.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Miskol
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Questions on settlements, quarter and storage sharing

Post by Miskol » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:23 am

Quarters are not always inside settlements and there isn't always a list of settlement quarters. In some settlements, there is the property registry which tells you which shops/quarters are for sale. There is also no need for citizenship to purchase quarters and shops. Anyone can do so anywhere with the exception being a surfacer buying an underdark property or vice versa. The groves could be a good idea for a druid, or perhaps the campsite. Your characters cannot ever meet each other, and muling of items is against the rules. This includes quarter keys. The server has a script that will force your character to drop any item which one of your other characters used to possess.

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:45 am

Miskol wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:23 am
Quarters are not always inside settlements and there isn't always a list of settlement quarters. In some settlements, there is the property registry which tells you which shops/quarters are for sale. There is also no need for citizenship to purchase quarters and shops. Anyone can do so anywhere with the exception being a surfacer buying an underdark property or vice versa. The groves could be a good idea for a druid, or perhaps the campsite. Your characters cannot ever meet each other, and muling of items is against the rules. This includes quarter keys. The server has a script that will force your character to drop any item which one of your other characters used to possess.
I see, thank you for the reply. Then I should pay more attention to what kind of society a quarter may provide. There’s a ‘Elf home’ in Myon that says it is private housing, is that settlement-restricted area?

Alpine Fresh

Post by Alpine Fresh » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:45 am

I'm not over-familiar with Myon myself, but try having a look around IC within the city, as some of the settlements these days seem to have IC Ts & Cs about property ownership.

In all likelyhood, you could mechanically take a home there, being an elf, but could be worth checking if there is any small print attached to the purchase that might complicate things for you in the long run.

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 am

Alpine Fresh wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:45 am
I'm not over-familiar with Myon myself, but try having a look around IC within the city, as some of the settlements these days seem to have IC Ts & Cs about property ownership.

In all likelyhood, you could mechanically take a home there, being an elf, but could be worth checking if there is any small print attached to the purchase that might complicate things for you in the long run.
That’s useful to know, and painful to confirm in the case of Myon, no character is around and about....When talking to others in game, I found that Bender turf houses are earthkin only, inn room is ok for other race who’s been talking to locals and seems engaging. Grey hammer, free to all but the theme is not for me. Heartwood Grove, in theory they are for the coven or something, so best talk to the archdruid before settling down. Heartwood Grove has it’s down side...being a bit far from places. I think that’s why some bigger room and many small ones are still available. No apparent regulation for rooms on top of Nexus falls, and all of them occupied lol. I have not travelled to all places so there must be locations I need to check out! Is there any other Druid Groves?

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:26 am

And for the mage players: so many vacancies in acane tower, seize it and make that place alive please. I want to see wizard doing research, Magic practicing etc. With a portal at doorstep, I don’t get why that place is dead...

Alpine Fresh

Post by Alpine Fresh » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:51 am

I'm sure someone will turn up with better answers for you later, when busy-time happens... but in the meantime, Cordor and Guldorand have laws written down on fixtures/noticeboards, so Myon might have something similar.

If there's any housing rules, then you should be able to find them in some sort of government building (possibly the library?)... If you feel like settling in Myon though, I very much doubt they'll have a problem with an elf druid settling in :)

Edit: Oh, yes, there are other groves out there... I tend to err towards "Find Out in Game", not to be mean, but hopefully gives you a chance to make some new buddies and explore IC... If you struggle with finding people because of timezone etc, feel free to PM me, maybe I can provide an IG tour guide for you ;)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:22 pm

xf1313 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:15 am
The information on wiki is painfully limited, I and to post and ask here, is there a list of settlements and quarters? Or how do I find out what the room offers (like can rest to 90%, can plant herbs on the ground etc.) I’d very much like to know that before spending gold on citizenship and disappointed.

If those info and meant to be found in game, that’s ok, please give me a few pointers on where to look ::cry hard::

If people have kind suggestions for my character, an elf Druid, I will be so grateful. Currently I found Heartwood Grove and Myon to be background fitting, is there anywhere else? I’d love place with good nature theme and if I get to tend to plants.

Last question, can I share my quarter with my other character? Like place a key in common area and log in to alt.
The information on wiki is painfully limited, I and to post and ask here, is there a list of settlements and quarters?
Not really, not for most settlments. There's a property registry in Cordor and one or two other places - but you're just as well searching around in my experience.
Or how do I find out what the room offers (like can rest to 90%, can plant herbs on the ground etc.) I’d very much like to know that before spending gold on citizenship and disappointed.
*There's no OOC rules (server rules) saying you need citizenship to purchase any quarters on the server. Some leader pcs may request such - but thats another matter and you can probably get it after buying the quarter.
Some areas are limited by class- often though not always mechanically. Ones that come to mind quickly are:
*Arcane characters only for Arcane Tower
* Elves/halfelves for myon
* Monks for Soulhaven
* Druids/rangers for Grove (though I imagine the vaults below are unrestricted)
* Halflings/gnomes/Dwarves for Bendir Dale/Brogendenstein
* Sencliff for pirates

If that sounds at all restrictive, then know that all Cordor, Guldorand, Sibiyad, and many other smaller areas such as Mayfield Tavern, Grayhammer, Westcliff, Dis, shadow plane, to name only a few that come to mind) are open to anyone, and have a lot of free homes! I've been out wandering as a PC myself and seen literally dozens avaiable!

As for entering homes... if they're cheep then they come open immedatly and you can see what they have just by stepping within. If they're on the lottery system (you have to bid for them) then it is a bit of a gamble I'm afraid. I think I can safely say that very few have planting herbs as a possiblity though. I can only think of a handfull of the top off my head.

Honestly there's some homes in Myon that would suit your pc down to a T! You should definatly try for the ones in the Elven hall though they may be hard to get.

The Cricket Caverns might work for your pc too... but it doesn't really have a 'good' them, and the quarters are small so I can't recommend it too strongly.
No, I'd consider this a form of muling. Your characters should be utterly seperate from one another.

Hope these help!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:27 pm

[quote="The GrumpyCat" post_id=277720 time=1635769352 user_id=
Not really, not for most settlments. There's a property registry in Cordor and one or two other places - but you're just as well searching around in my experience.

Some areas are limited by class- often though not always mechanically. Ones that come to mind quickly are:
* Elves/halfelves for myon
* Monks for Soulhaven
* Druids/rangers for Grove (though I imagine the vaults below are unrestricted)
* Halflings/gnomes/Dwarves for Bendir Dale/Brogendenstein
* Sencliff for pirates

If that sounds at all restrictive, then know that all Cordor, Guldorand, Sibiyad, and many other smaller areas such as Mayfield Tavern, Grayhammer, Westcliff, Dis, shadow plane, to name only a few that come to mind) are open to anyone, and have a lot of free homes! I've been out wandering as a PC myself and seen literally dozens avaiable!

As for entering homes... if they're cheep then they come open immedatly and you can see what they have just by stepping within. If they're on the lottery system (you have to bid for them) then it is a bit of a gamble I'm afraid. I think I can safely say that very few have planting herbs as a possiblity though. I can only think of a handfull of the top off my head.

Honestly there's some homes in Myon that would suit your pc down to a T! You should definatly try for the ones in the Elven hall though they may be hard to get.

The Cricket Caverns might work for your pc too... but it doesn't really have a 'good' them, and the quarters are small so I can't recommend it too strongly.

Hope these help!
[/quote]

Thank you for your information! In fact I love the class/race restrictions in places, just gets the theme right. Hope there is a ‘Guide to finding a quarter’ post or wiki update to list them there XD. A few more rooms in Myon would be very nice... now they got like, 8 in tower and 4 in reverie? Unless the building (elf home) that bans my entry has more rooms in it.

Would there be a small adjustment that connects heartwood with Myon somehow? A portal close to settlements would be great for players.

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:37 pm

Note.. westcliff inn rooms are very empty. I’d stay if I had a character who loves a bit solitude and like high places. Every room has the two mirrors for outfit! Special feature! Quite some space and cozy. Registry and caravan close by. A house and a noble estate also available... must been a great place, once in the past

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:23 pm

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Just as a quick aside here, the Tower isn't just for Arcane characters. There are some rooms that are open for all to encourage lore types to use.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.